Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: @EC - '70 'S' Coupe . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Not surprised.

You could paint a cat turd Conda Green and someone would pay money for it.
    And they don't need to display uniform color either.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Just wondering if any of you have seen this car in person? Actually viewed it up close?

Well, I haven't either but do know that depending on light, reflections and other possible digital camera issues, looking at a photo on line often
    does not represent the colors most accurately.

Different colors on different parts? Why not just contact Jeff Trask at European Collectibles and ask him?
    I've found Jeff to answer questions honestly.

Just sayin....

Rich Peters

wrong color taillights-should be silver trim.Are original silver trim lenses not available any more? Chris
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

9110300085 . . .

. . . back @EC . . .
    https://www.europeancollectibles.com...che-911s-coupe

'. . . Sporting its matching “911 S” motor with 180 horse power and 5 speed manual transmission and four wheel disc brakes. It drives amazing. Finished in the original epic color Conda Green with a Black interior. Complete with owner's manual, tools and jack. Super straight body with excellent gaps and restored to a very high standard!

History

In September of 1969 Porsche delivered the new 2.2L C-Series Model 911 for the 1970 model year . . . . the 911S topped the boards with an impressive 180bhp.

The front-strut mounting points in the C-Series models were moved slightly forward in order to lighten steering and reduce kickback for better handling. The steel engine covers on the E and S versions were replaced with aluminum to shave weight. The T version finally received ventilated disc brakes, but to keep costs down they were iron as opposed to the lighter alloy calipers used on the more expensive E and S. The only other significant change for 1970 was an anti-corrosion coating for the chassis
    . . .'

Ask = $215k

(Not mine)

We Can Be Heroes

Back (still?) @EC . . .

. . . ask = $198.5k

We Can Be Heroes

I'm surprised no one mentioned that this car has the front chin spoiler that wasn't introduced until 1972 on the 1972 911S

Quote Originally Posted by savagejayj View Post
    I'm surprised no one mentioned that this car has the front chin spoiler that wasn't introduced until 1972 on the 1972 911S
    70S EC1.jpg

70S EC2 CoA.jpg
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

EC? Extra careful due diligence.

Spoilers: '72 on a '71

One of our members and a long time friend/mentor has a 1971 911-S that was spec'd. out by the local original owner and done as a "special wishes" car. It has some unusual features not the least of which is a '72 S Spoiler that has cut-outs for fog lights. Done by a craftsman with all the attention to detail you would have expected from Porsche back in the day. When the owner picked the car up he was told that the spoiler had not been mounted but could be done at a Porsche shop in town. He drove across town with the spoiler through the sunroof to the shop that installed it. It was mounted and is still on the car to this day. It is an eye catcher for those who understand the time line for these. More especially, the fog lights which I've never seen mounted "in" an S spoiler. (Note the ST tank in the car)

Here are photos of when he purchased it and details of the spoiler as the car was repainted.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

The 2.2 S cars have always been the sweet spot for me. And conda green is one of my favorite Porsche factory colors. That's good metal work on the spoiler. It looks almost factory. I hope the foglights were adjusted better than that when being used on the car...
    Quote Originally Posted by sithot View Post
    One of our members and a long time friend/mentor has a 1971 911-S that was spec'd. out by the local original owner and done as a "special wishes" car. It has some unusual features not the least of which is a '72 S Spoiler that has cut-outs for fog lights. Done by a craftsman with all the attention to detail you would have expected from Porsche back in the day. When the owner picked the car up he was told that the spoiler had not been mounted but could be done at a Porsche shop in town. He drove across town with the spoiler through the sunroof to the shop that installed it. It was mounted and is still on the car to this day. It is an eye catcher for those who understand the time line for these. More especially, the fog lights which I've never seen mounted "in" an S spoiler. (Note the ST tank in the car)

Here are photos of when he purchased it and details of the spoiler as the car was repainted.