Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visiting Stuttgart

Visiting Stuttgart

I will be visiting Stuttgart in a few days. Planned a factory tour already and plan visting Museum. Anything else I should look into?

Mercedes-Benz Museum at the South side of Stuttgart is worth a visit as well! Both firms have been working together quite often anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogpatch View Post
    Mercedes-Benz Museum at the South side of Stuttgart is worth a visit as well! Both firms have been working together quite often anyway.
    Yes, agree, you need absolutely also visit the Mercedes Benz museum nearby, a 15min car drive from Zuffenhausen..
    Stunning architecture, 6 floors full of historic MB cars including trucks and buses. One of the best car museum I ever visited.

Name:  IMG_1810.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  56.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_1811.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  61.4 KB
    Registry member No.773

if you are further interested in architecture
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weissenhof_Estate

and btw
    Since shortly after the end of World War II, there has been a US military presence in Stuttgart. At the height of the Cold War over 45,000 Americans were stationed across over 40 installations in and around the city Today about 10,000 Americans are stationed on 4 installations representing all branches of service within the Department of Defense, unlike the mostly Army presence of the Occupation and Cold War.(wikipedia)
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

Uli was a most gracious and knowledgable host and city guide when I visited Stuttgart on business last year! In addition to the well known places like Porsche and Mercedes museums he took in the Motorworld facility just out of town plus some interesting public roads / former race track one evening in an uncommon M car from his interesting old car collection. I'm sure you'll enjoy the trip with input of such helpful "locals". (Thanks again Uli)

S
    Last edited by 911MRP; 10-22-2017 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Typo

Yes.
    Look into some Apfel Strudel.
    Then if time permits visit the museum at Sinnsheim.
    All manner of motorized displays including a Porsche Jagdwagen
    "Fahr drauf, bremsen ist feige!"

Just there and Zell am Zee for the International gathering. If you're into Motorsport history you can still drive the old Solitude Circuit as it was a true road course. The Bosch start/finish tower is still there and very cool. It is up in the hills South of the city near Solitude Castle. The Gods raced there....Clark, Gurney, etc.
    Mark Smedley
    '59 VW Typ I
    '69 911T 2.7
    '86 930
    '04 GT3
    '16 Boxster GTS
    '08 MBZ AMG CLK 63 Black Series

Mercedes Benz factory tour in Sindelfingen is also close by and well done.

https://mbworld.org/forums/european-...delfingen.html
    Alex in Virginia

Looking for:
    ward to driving my car!

Early 911S Registry # 2863

Make sure you BOOK the factory visit well in advance...
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616