Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flat 6 model

Flat 6 model

Finally gave in and picked this up to assemble with my kid. It'll serve as a science project at some point maybe...
    Very cool.... I now understand this engine so much better, since we put it all together. I forgot a timing pin by the distributor shaft...
    Then reversed one gear (the one that moves everything), but even the troubleshooting was fun! Respect to real mechanics, doing this with more parts and smaller tolerances !! Educational for the kid and I !!!

It runs, makes sounds, the plugs light up at the right time, it's very cool - I made a movie on youtube, see link here: https://youtu.be/Q_EIjXPIWYI
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Greg D.; 10-25-2017 at 08:22 PM.
    Greg.
    ----------
    72 911T - 73 2002

Just post it to YouTube and list the link here...looking forward to seeing it!
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Done, revisit the youtube link above, brain fart on Youtube, thanks for the reminder ;-)

Took a couple evenings, I'd guess 2-3 hours, plus the redo of a few things we messed up...
    Greg.
    ----------
    72 911T - 73 2002

Pretty neat!
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Are these available for purchase in the U.S. and if so, can you tell me where? Thank you.

Looks like it is readily available, I think I just found a Christmas gift for my son.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Pors...30337221136007

---Adam
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by mac73s View Post
    Are these available for purchase in the U.S. and if so, can you tell me where? Thank you.
    Pelicanparts, amazon.com....
    Greg.
    ----------
    72 911T - 73 2002

Very available... and great fun to put together with my 8-year old daughter... now she appreciates more of what I am doing with the restoration of my car...

Name:  juju.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  83.7 KB
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

2 tips... Don't forget the timing pins... I remembered the first time but had some stuff come back off because it wasn't turning as smooth as it should, then I forgot one the second time ! Also once you bolt in the electric motor, nothing turns anymore, that's OK... Lastly, when explaining ICE engines to a 10y old, don't use the term "suck squeeze bang blow" because it'll be abused ;-) Now just like in real life I gotta arrange those plug wires a little better !
    Greg.
    ----------
    72 911T - 73 2002

Quote Originally Posted by StephenAcworth View Post
    Very available... and great fun to put together with my 8-year old daughter... now she appreciates more of what I am doing with the restoration of my car...

Name:  juju.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  83.7 KB
    Now that is cool Steve,,,,I see a future seventeen yr. old that not only will she tell her boyfriend what's wrong with his car,,,,,she'll fix it for him!!
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.