Hey Early911’ers

I have a local guys representing my Bahia Red 1971S.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263251430103?ul_noapp=true

I’ve owned and enjoyed the car for 2 years, having acquired the car from Klub Sport. The car drives well, and is a very good representation of the 2.2L motor, classic 901 gear box and period Sport Seats. I have good documentation on the car including a 2 inch black ring binder with records going back 3 owners including service records from the late 90s.

Looking back, the car was sold out of the long-time estate of Lee Weinstein of New Jersey. This owner suggests that the car is #87 of the 1971 S built (given the serial number ending in 00087). Lee restored the car in the 2013 time period, with documented receipts. Unfortunately, Lee passed away shortly after finishing the car. The car was then sold to Don Mann, who owned the car for a brief period of time before losing his battle to cancer. From there car #00087 went to Nelson Calle of Classic Motors in Florida after a refresh of the mechanicals at Klub Sport Racing in Florida.

During my ownership I have probably only put about 300-500 miles on during the last two driving seasons, including showing the car at several local events. With two young boys at home I have found that time constraints have limited me down to the decision of electing to retain my old speedster, and part with the 71S. Rest assured, I am by no means leaving the flat six family, and will never sell my old 65’ race car.

Feel free to contact Chuck who is representing the car or PM me with questions if you have an interest.

Matthew