Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WTB: '70-'73 dashboard

WTB: '70-'73 dashboard

Hi, All -

I am looking for a new dash - a Lakewell or a Porsche part will work great. I have been shown more than one that were, let's say, not exactly perfect. I already have one with flaws, and just want a new, clean part for my resto. Let me know what you have, thanks!

- Rob
    rcsteinway@earthlink.net

Quote Originally Posted by Robert5995 View Post
    . . . looking for a new dash - a Lakewell or a Porsche part will work great . . . just want a new, clean part for my resto . . .
    Here ya go --- NOS, too . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-911-Dashboard

(So-uuuuuuh . . . how's your kidney function?)

We Can Be Heroes

Ranger -

Yeah, thanks for that link to Frank's post. Something tells me I'm not going to pop for that one! Lakewells can be had for 1/10 that . . .

- Rob

Banned
    Rob,

Color me slow but what makes you think that you will find an acceptable Lakewell or Porsche dash?
    Unless you're chumming for an NOS dash?

Frank -

I have read enough of your posts to know for certain that you aren't slow. I did get sent a Lakewell that was purported to be perfect, but wasn't, of course. There was a scrape on the corner of the radio plate. As far as chumming, if you don't put it in the water, no frothing will occur. I'm chumming for anything, as long as it's acceptable for a 99-point resto.

To All: I will also buy anyone's Lakewell radio plate.

Frank - I was chatting with a guy here in the Boulder, CO area that is also familiar with your posts. We decided we are both going to drive to AZ just to meet you!

- Rob

Per correspondence with Lakewell, their radio grill only fits their dash.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Steve -

Thanks for your input. Maybe I needed to type more clearly: I wasn't considering putting an old Porsche radio grill in the Lakewell hole - that sounds like a set-up for a disappointment. I have, at the moment, a perfectly good Lakewell dash with a scraped-up radio grill. My solutions are to get an entirely different dash, or source a replacement Lakewell speaker grill. Lakewell asked me to send them the dimensions of the speaker grill that I have - evidently they have tweaked the size of it over the years.

- Rob

Bob -

Thanks for the lead. I have contacted him, but the one he has is probably the flawed on in the picture.

- Rob

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert5995 View Post
    ...as long as it's acceptable for a 99-point resto.
    99 point taste with a 97 point pocketbook.

Step up Rob! It's just cash; more where that comes from.

Otherwise you will have one more dripping faucet regret layered on top of the one most 911 owners have. ("I should have bought an RS when they were only $_ _, _ _ _.)

P.S. I don't believe cars will ever be "99 or 100 point" without using an excellent original or NOS Porsche dash. The grain on the Lakewell and currently offered Porsche dashboards is completely wrong.
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 11-03-2017 at 06:00 AM.