Quote Originally Posted by Fubawu View Post
Hi Wolf
The last paragraph is a bit confusing, are you saying that Mr Lorz received the car first or after Ahrens. I spoke with Ahrens son
only an hour ago and he said they believed it was a test car?

In regards to Sportmatic, Ahrens must be confusing the two cars as this is a 5 speed. Wolfgang
had told me earlier that Ahrens had mistaken the two cars earlier. So the hunt continues for a picture of this car.

Either way the Porsche plates information is new to me, thanks for sharing!

Wolf , I will have those pictures you requested this afternoon.
Mr Lorz was the first, who used 119300950, then his daughter. Then it was purchased by Mr. Ahrens. And I have spoken with him personally.

The term "test car" is for sure a linguistic inaccuracy, since Mr. Ahrens told me some days ago that these so called "test cars" were offered to some people, e.g race drivers or celebrities, mostly with low mileage and to reduced prices. For the race drivers this was a possibility to earn some extra money and therefore was welcome.

As to the Sportomatic I assume in fact now that we could talk about two different cars, the one, which we can realize as photographed and the one -119300950 - which he bought, for a "special" price in 1970 and which he resold quickly afterwards.