Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Sports Seats.....

Option 258 for '73 model 911 -- leatherette headrests left and right...

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  12.9 KB

Also in 72 model year list...
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  18.2 KB

If no headrests then the recaro sports seats had a plug rather than hole as can be seen on one of the two cars I referred to earlier.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  51.5 KB

This car has a special blue interior. As arrived still dusty from standing unused many years but low mileage. OP had specified and paid extra for a special interior but obviously hadn't wanted headrests. The other car I know well -- belongs to a friend -- iirc mounting points were blanked off like this before he recently aquired some spare headrests for the car. Doubt it was a special colour interior thing because the other example had more commonly seen interior material combination: Recaros in pepita / black vinyl. Ivory 73 E targa car

Evidently it was on the options list for model year 73.

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 11-25-2017 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Add photo of seat

Had these seats restored using original webbing and bolsters (where possible) etc by Garry Hall at Classic FX who also powder coated and re-plated the double locker bases......and very nice they look too

Collected Friday morning and fitted that afternoon.....

....and thoroughly tested for nearly 400 miles on Saturday around my favourite Welsh playgrounds.......this time with moderns ....

....I've read what the perceived wise opinion is but decided to keep the D-shape headrests as I've seen many contradictions and pretty certain they're original to these seats. An easy change if I decide otherwise at a later date.

Thanks for the earlier feedback.

Cheers,

That looks great.

And I have an extra set of perfectly restored by Tony 1973 sport seats with double locker bases if anyone is looking.

Quote Originally Posted by rower View Post
    That looks great.

And I have an extra set of perfectly restored by Tony 1973 sport seats with double locker bases if anyone is looking.
    Hi can you email me with your asking price and Tony as in Autobahn correct
    al@naplesclassiccar.com

nice. but the reference does not look very original or high quality for me - sorry. especially the seams are rather disappointing. the pepita is just similar to the original one. But if the price was not too high and you see the seats rather as a commodity is ok. In any case, the seats are now better around worlds than shown above. have fun with it . best

Name:  krumme nähte.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  163.5 KB

I bow to your superior knowlegde in these matters......cock!

sorry, but that has nothing to do with know here, you can see that the piping is not straight and the seam and shape of the seat cushion you can pretty easy times with orig. compare recordings, that was just different. But now did not want to make your seats bad. as I said: very nice for the use. best