Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: First car & first Porsche

Banned
    love those little datsun the porsche forget about it super

I've been reading old threads and this one seemed fun to revive...

My first car, a 1972 Citroen DSuper. Total rustbucket but a lot of fun at the time.

Name:  DSCN1674.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  104.0 KB

After that came another DS as a restoration project (failed), a 1981 CX that I used as a daily driver for six years until the kids arrived (still in storage), and a couple of modern BMWs. And a very nice DS Pallas from 1967:

Name:  IMG_9792.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  137.4 KB

I started to crave an early 911, but my wife thought I was crazy. After all, I had a "fun" car already. Fortunately, she turned around after a while and I finally bought my first Porsche two years ago. A 1972 T that subsequently needed a full nut-and-bolt restoration. (I originally wanted a "finished" car but that turned out to be quite hard to find and this seemed -- at the time -- to be a good adventure.) We thought the engine was fine but it turns out it wasn't, so that needed to be done as well. And since a month or two she's ready to be enjoyed:

Name:  IMG_0720.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  265.2 KB

The car is numbers matching and in the original Aubergine color, but many parts were missing and needed to be replaced (a mistake I won't make again) so it's definitely not 100% original. Still great fun to drive even with the T engine (MFI).
    1970 2.2S Elfenbeinweiss
    1972 2.4T Targa Aubergine (MFI) [For sale]
    2002 996 TT Midnight Blue
    Member #3833

Great post Fred.
    Lovely little 72 Targa in a great colour.
    Enjoy
    Mark

Love seeing the Cibie lamps on a Pallas as originally designed..
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Thanks!
    1970 2.2S Elfenbeinweiss
    Member #3833

Hi Frederik,

Such an iconic, typical Dutch scene, that 1972 Citroen DSuper in front of the house. What city was that? (I'm from Venlo originally).
    And so cool the 911 has the original historic blue plates.
    Cool selection of cars!

Learned to drive in a red Mini Cooper. First car I owned 73 facelift Ford Capri yellow with black vinyl roof bought second-hand not long after passing test. First Porsche, 73 Carrera RS, GPW/blue -- still have it. All rhd UK cars.

First car, 1966 Ford Mustang. Fast in a straight line. Who needs brakes or steering?

First Porsche, 1974 Porsche 914. It was a total rust bucket with the 1.8 engine... but with the Ansa exhaust the previous owner had put on it I thought it sounded like a race car

Didn't get a car until I graduated from college... was worth the wait. First car was my first Porsche, a silver early 1971 914. Still have it! Caught the disease pretty strongly, and passed it on to both my boys... latest is the '72 T targa I'm finishing the restoration on. Have had several others along the way. Name:  IMG_8030.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  111.1 KB
    1971 914- original owner
    1973 914 2.0
    1972 911T targa
    2016 981 spyder
    2014 turbo S coupe
    2019 RS5 sportback

Awesome 914! And a nice garage too, I'm envious.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick911 View Post
    Hi Frederik,

Such an iconic, typical Dutch scene, that 1972 Citroen DSuper in front of the house. What city was that? (I'm from Venlo originally).
    And so cool the 911 has the original historic blue plates.
    Cool selection of cars!
    Thanks! This was in front of our old house in Amsterdam-Zuid. We now live a couple of blocks away. I just read your Martini RSR thread, what a cool project! Too bad you're in Australia now so I probably won't see the finished car driving here in the Netherlands...
    1970 2.2S Elfenbeinweiss
    Member #3833