Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: First car & first Porsche

First car '72 MGB Roadster. spun it into a lamppost on a cold, wet winters night. Fortunately said lamppost didn't fall down and brain me! First Porsche '72 Targa in Blood Orange (sounds much nicer than Tangerene - to me anyway). Sold that 18 months ago to a guy in Connecticut but no regrets. I was lucky enough to find a '72 911T Coupe sunroof delete in Blood Orange just 25 miles up the road less than 1 week later.

First car a 10 year old Fiat Tipo Abarth (remember them?), where the 'Abarth' part turned out to be only different wheels and a few badges. The car, a 1.4L had ~70bhp and struggled to go uphil on the first roadtrip I ever did into the Austrian Alps. Scary to be overtaken by lorries going uphil. They had the rust issues under control with this car alright, but the electronics were very unreliable.
    First Porsche is the one I still own today: A light-yellow 1973 Porsche 911 2.4T coupe, delivered in Italy, bought in the Netherlands in 2005, stored in 2007 and shipped to Australia in 2011. My best purchase ever!
    Name:  230422_162532637143131_6865694_n.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  97.3 KB

One and the same, a '55 speedster in 1964.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club