Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What’s this I hear about EASY

Enjoy your time,you made us very welcome at the last rennsport we dropped by,and thanks for the mugs that sit in my collection

I never met Jim except through some Internet-based dealings, but I couldn't have wished for a better experience. Jim was more than generous with his time and experience and the prices he charged were exceptionally reasonable. As my build slowly comes to fruition one of the things I wanted to find to to do was to visit Easy for a donut session and get to meet Jim to thank him personally. Well, I guess I'll have to cross that one off the list now. Enjoy your well-earned retirement, Jim, and thank you for your years of service: both to this community and to your country.
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Jim,

Thank you for your help, knowledge, interest, and humor in our various phone conversations and dealings. My wife just retired this month, and she says it's the best job she's ever had.

Best wishes,

Rich

I agree with Frank about the parts prices increasing but I also see more time for posting here for Jim and sharing his vast knowledge about our cars. Oh and also more time for golfing!!
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Thumbs up

Thank you, Jim, for your valuable contributions to the early 911/912/914/356 communities!

Enjoy some well-deserved time off!!
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Thumbs up

WOW........

Well, we spoke about it before... and now it's here.... BIG CONGRATS bud !!!!!

From the first time I drove up to the store in the blue car... and you said "Nice car, lets go for a ride in my old brown 'parts getter "

Will never forget that ride Jim....

Pretty soon you'll be say'n 'What day is it?"...........

Cheers on a well deserved close on one chapter, and opening of another...

Your adventures have just begun....

Chuck
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Well done Jim, i guess the time finally came, we did speak about it at the last renn, and i guess time flies. The people wnating your building will have a field day at last.

I am glad Rod bought all, but now the question is, how do we get in touch with Rod, will he set up a hot line for the parts ? Enjoy your retirement!
    San

53 Pre A, 65 356
    70 914/6 GT
    65 912, 67 911
    71 911 Targa,72 E Tara, 73 911 Targa
    70 911 S,71 911 S,70 911 T,
    71 911 T, 72 911 E ,73 911 T
    74 911 Coupe
    74 911 Targa
    1972 RennSport Bus

Early Reg # 771

Auckland, New Zealand. And Los Angeles, USA.
    Frank, sadly you may be correct! Having bought numerous parts from Jim over the years, his prices have always been very reasonable - if he charged me for them at all!
    I’m going to really, really miss flying in from New Zealand & spending hours chatting with Jim & John, (and Richard when he’s not being Top Gun at 38,000 ft) and the other customers/friends who would just swing by to say “Hi” and “Jim, have you got this part?”.
    Jim has always been a “straight-shooter” - tells it like it is, knows what’s what and doesn’t get all PC about it (I like that!).
    And he still ribs me about the Irish Green RHD 912 he had in the warehouse that he told me I should to buy for $2500!!!

He loves Porsches and the community that embraces them, so I figure he’ll continue sharing his wealth of knowledge with this board.

He’s given so much to all of us here, so it’s due time for him to spent time with his wife, kids and grand-kids and on himself.

Looks like I’ll have to arrange my flights for every 1st Saturday of the month from now on, so I can catch up!!! All the best Jim!
    Kiwi
    1972 911S
    1967 912
    1959 356A Conv D
    Early S Registry # 306

Who is going to talk me out of making unnecessary upgrades? He's the best kind of businessman, the kind who talks you out of things you don't really need. A trustworthy source. Now Jim, can you sell me a SC front suspension for my SWB before you retire?
    '66 912 with a 2.2
    '62 Lotus Seven S2
    '66 Lotus Elan
    '63 Karmann Ghia convertible
    '76 Alfa Spider

Just a quick update on my "retirement". I haven't worked so hard in years. Schlepping literally tons of stuff out the door is back breaking work but I can see a faint glimmer of light at the end of of the tunnel. I'll keep updates coming. In the mean time it's back to work....................

Regards

Jim