Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS: @HMN - '72 'S' Coupe . . .

The door handles are suppose to be chrome not black, and the mirror should be flag.

This car is supposedly "all original and meticulously well kept." I have my doubts. I examined and tested an Italian delivery 72 S in this color in Holyoke, MA in 1989 or 1990. The front fenders were rusted through and the front calipers were seized. The seller wanted $12000 and apparently sold the car soon after I turned it down. I wonder how many cars like this there could be in the Northeast USA.
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

Hi Guys,

Have driven the car 2018 in November, runs as 72 S should, very honest nice car, yes some small details are to be corrected and I think it is done these days as per door handle, Italian delivery that was coming to the USA true an Italien guy I know all stock panels
    and good gaps, some parts are repeated as bumpers, still stock heat exchanger muffler, I check all number and MFI parts all stock from the factory, seat is newly covered some years back should be cordy and black and stock hella over the bumper, spare wheel stock

just PM me I know the owner well good old Porsche guy! I have some nice driving movies, the owner has the stock KHM speed still

good car for somebody that like an honest 72 S that has a nice patina, I should say a high 9 for a not restored car, not many on restored cars left this is just well maintained and driven very little true the years and the owner is and was a race driver for + 30 years in the USA and know the way around Porsche after all years on the track and his workshop, not e-mail guy old school and honest.

Thanks

no sport seats on the COA, mising from COA is the hello over bumper and this owner haa take of ! to spar them !

Quote Originally Posted by Tom F. View Post
    This car is supposedly "all original and meticulously well kept." I have my doubts. I examined and tested an Italian delivery 72 S in this color in Holyoke, MA in 1989 or 1990. The front fenders were rusted through and the front calipers were seized. The seller wanted $12000 and apparently sold the car soon after I turned it down. I wonder how many cars like this there could be in the Northeast USA.
    Yes, I have wondered about this car for a long time. My favorite Porsche color and I've been wanting to buy a '72/'73 E or S with original paint color 225 for many months. This one was not for me. However, I will continue my search for one of the other remaining five in the world.

On the block now at PCarMarket

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/1972-porsche-911s/

Grover

Quote Originally Posted by Grover T Muldoon View Post
    . . . wondered about this car for a long time . . . . This one was not for me . . .
    Interesting 1st post

What were your thoughts/impressions about this car?

I ask because it was some less-than-excited comments about another car . . .

. . . that lead to me buy mine . . .

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...l=1#post398102

We Can Be Heroes

No sale this time either, not surprised.

RNM at PCarMarket
    Closing bid $117,000

Car remains in the "deal tank" for two weeks, for those interested.
    https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/d...-porsche-911s/

The last auction result, if I recall correctly, for this car was RNM at $165k
    https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Even...E-911S--197184

Would the result would have been more favorable with a listing at BaT given comparative site traffic levels? Perhaps.
    Nonetheless, the market continues to send a message regarding this car.

Grover