Thread: Has anybody used Pirelli Cinturato CA67 antique tires?

Has anybody used Pirelli Cinturato CA67 antique tires?

According to my COA, my '69 911T came with Pirelli 165-15 tires. According to Pirelli, that would have been their Cinturato line, which is still available in their Vintage series and is quite inexpensive ($200/tire). Does anybody have any experience with them? Thanks.

Rich

Yes, I did,165-15 Cinturato A67, I removed Michelin due to age,the car went from smooth and precise to shaky and rough,after two attempts to rebalance and remount at a different position on wheels,by a high end specialty Porsche shop, I gave up on them, I will display car with then though, After that I mounted P6000's, Although I am not crazy about their appearance,Smooth and Precise is back! See them on this thread. http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-tires-for-67S.
    registry #2072

Quote Originally Posted by raspritz View Post
    According to my COA, my '69 911T came with Pirelli 165-15 tires. According to Pirelli, that would have been their Cinturato line, which is still available in their Vintage series and is quite inexpensive ($200/tire). Does anybody have any experience with them? Thanks.

Rich
    Rich have you looked into the CN36? I have heard good things for those and they look really good

No my car came on Cn36. I happened to have on bookshelf pirelli price lists dated effective 23 April 68 showing the Pirelli range in the UK if it helpsName:  image.jpg
Views: 1043
Size:  97.0 KB to have reference information published around that time.. Refers to cinturato 367 with picture of the tread and table with sizes, speed ratings --British market so prices in old pounds shillings and pence:

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1225
Size:  94.4 KB
Views: 1043
Size:  97.0 KB
Views: 1016
Size:  60.8 KB
Views: 1031
Size:  98.4 KB

Hope this helps

Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by 911MRP; 12-14-2017 at 04:46 PM.

I'd go with the 185/70/15 CN36's they are more of a performance tire.
    Joe Annicelli
    Early 911S Registry #751
    Polo Red/Black 1967 Porsche 911S Coupe "Walter"
    Black/Red 1967 Alfa GTJr. Coupe "Nero"
    Italian Red 1994 Ducati 900SS/SP looks fast standing still
    Italian Red 1957 Gilera 150 Sport

Ahhhh the sixties... I envision myself one early Saturday morning wearing plaid shorts, black shoes with white socks smoking a cigarette heading to the hardware store to buy a bag of nails.
    SWB cars are an acquired taste however once acquired theirs no turning back.

Agree. While a bit later than the OP Pirelli CN 36 as used on the early examples of 73 RS should be considered. See attached comparison test made using 911 E. Not sure if this has been posted here before? A link to Autobild Klassik magazine. Info on tyre for classics article reproduced by Longstone, who stock the tyre. Dougal of Longstone Tyres in UK posts here from time to time. Guess he could provide advice on suitability. No affiliation.

https://docs.google.com/viewerng/vie...ic-article.pdf

CN 36 are also the recommended factory/classic tires: https://www.porsche.com/uk/accessori.../tyreapproval/

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1000
Size:  71.6 KB

Thanks guys. This has been incredibly helpful. It seems the Pirelli CN36 would be the way to go. Happy holidays!

Rich

Hi

The CA67 is an excellent option for early cars. https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/cat...category/8957/ these are great tyres and handle excellently. I'm surprised to hear Jim Amato's comments. that doesn't really tie in with our experience. we sell thousands of the CA67 and only get good reports. and we also get some very excited reports about how fantastic they are so this must be some freak occurrence. I also have the CA67 fitted to my Lotus Elite and they are gorgeous.

However at the same time i do not dispute that the 165HR15 Michelin XAS is also a brilliant tyre. I have had them on a few classic cars and loved them too. (Michelin XAS https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/cat...category/8957/ came out in 1965. I don't know when Porsche started fitting them though.

On the subject of fitting 185/70 or 165 i think on these earlier cars you will enjoy the drive a great deal more on a period 165R15 tyre more than a 185/70R15. though i do not dispute iif you set the car up to suit them you will return better lap times from the 185/70. This sort of comment often gets me in trouble , but for road use a classic car is nicer to drive on thinner tyres and also importantly a classic tyre, that has a carcass developed to compliment the cars of the period.

Towards the end of 1968 Pirelli released the CN36 tread pattern, which i think is a great looking tyre. I am not convinced that they made the 165R15 in a CN36 back in those days i would love to see some evidence either way, because currently i'm at sea However Today Pirelli have made the 165VR15 Cinturatoo CN36 https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/tyr...o-cn36-n4.html and Porsche have homologated it with the N4 Designation. and it has a V speed rating.

But i still think CA67 would look more correct. If anyone knows different please let me know.