[B]911 1965 301946 Irish Green
    [B]911 1965 302962 Polo Red
    911 1965 300760 White SOLD
    911 1971S S/T 2.5
    914-6 1970 GT 2.3
    Look for me at a track near you!
    Early S Reg #2699
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/MachineMotorsports

I know this car sold recently and brought good money...that being said the outlaws T's seem to bring more then a clean stock one.Name:  Porsche rear shot.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  67.6 KBName:  Porsche interior sunny day.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  89.4 KB
    911 1967S 308470
    [B]911 1965 301946 Irish Green
    [B]911 1965 302962 Polo Red
    911 1965 300760 White SOLD
    911 1971S S/T 2.5
    914-6 1970 GT 2.3
    Look for me at a track near you!
    Early S Reg #2699
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/MachineMotorsports

"I know this car sold recently and brought good money...that being said the outlaws T's seem to bring more then a clean stock one."

Happy to hear that

Name:  IMG_20171208_153615.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  49.8 KB

"I know this car sold recently and brought good money...that being said the outlaws T's seem to bring more then a clean stock one."

Happy to hear that

Name:  IMG_20171208_153615.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  49.8 KB

Thank you again guys for yet more thoughts...most helpful. My 'T' does have its original engine (less the MFI) and transmission, so one direction would be to park the engine and run something new and larger. So far, retaining the narrow body is winning over 'cutting and pasting' of larger hips front and rear, but I want enough visual and performance differences from my stock 70-S for this project to make sense for me. I was originally looking for a G body to do a back-date on, but found (and bought) an 86 Carrera that is way to nice to cut up....then the 72-T opportunity appeared and it now shares space in the garage.

if you already have a narow body S, make the 72 you hotrod but with numbers matching motor and correct ST flares and wheels.

Use the numbers matching case and use 2.5L cylinders and pistons. Twin plug the heads too if you can budget it. Custom cam grind.

You can paint the car the original color to match the motor if your are anal, or seeing as it will be a hot rod, paint it your favorite color.

This thread got me thinking.....
    I might do the same to a numbers matching 1972T that i found recently. It is missing MFI and had RS flares added along with paint change and interior change.
    It would cost too much to restore it to original stock and demand for a fully restored stock 911T is not enough to warrant the cost at this time. Espeically for the time/expense it would take me to find all the missing parts. A proper ST build can fetch the same or more.

I have enough stock early 911 cars that i rather a ST at this point. And i think people out there in the market do as well.
    LOOKING FOR 1967S TRANSMISSION #103586
    Looking For 1969T Engine #6195922
    Looking For 1969T Transmission #7194313

Looking for 1969T Transmission #7195495
    www.tcspeed.com

I'm always looking for 72T's to hot rod for myself and customers so if you guys change your minds or need help shoot me an e-mail. scottlongballa@aol.com
    72S, 72T now ST

Quote Originally Posted by tcsracing1 View Post
    if you already have a narow body S, make the 72 you hotrod but with numbers matching motor and correct ST flares and wheels.

Use the numbers matching case and use 2.5L cylinders and pistons. Twin plug the heads too if you can budget it. Custom cam grind.

You can paint the car the original color to match the motor if your are anal, or seeing as it will be a hot rod, paint it your favorite color.

This thread got me thinking.....
    I might do the same to a numbers matching 1972T that i found recently. It is missing MFI and had RS flares added along with paint change and interior change.
    It would cost too much to restore it to original stock and demand for a fully restored stock 911T is not enough to warrant the cost at this time. Espeically for the time/expense it would take me to find all the missing parts. A proper ST build can fetch the same or more.

I have enough stock early 911 cars that i rather a ST at this point. And i think people out there in the market do as well.
    is
    Thanks again for offering your thoughts of why the ST option has merit. So, if I decide to do that, a few question: Who supplies the correct ST flares (would only want steel), and once installed, will they still transition to the stock front and rear bumpers or will those need reworking? Also, with the ST flares, what would the best FUCHS wheel choice be - 15s or 16s and what widths - that will look aggressive and fill the larger flairs, but not so wide as to cause any interference problems. Thank you.

You will need to modify the front and rear steel bumpers (or go to aftermarket FG) to match ST flares. Lots of choices with wheels for an ST: 8 & 9x15 Fuchs, 7 & 8x16 Fuchs, or go to a 9" wide rear Superlite.
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187