Spend quite some time today with my painter going over the car. Metal work is done aside from some final metal finishing so we are getting closer to paint. To ensure an as authentic job as possible we are trying to document some details. Hoping with help from others we can maybe turn this into the ultimate SWB paint detail thread.

Below is my hypotheses on what the factory did based on observations from my December '65 car. I have written it in what I think was the chronological order of application

- Caulking in selected areas, on my car I see caulking about 1" wide which appears to have been applied by brush all around the steering shaft tray (have no better way to describe this) and some in the foot well area
- Application of undercoating (coarse texture) the whole back part of the car, floors, inside lognitudinals with some over spray coverage on the vertical services in the foot well area. areas like tunnel, seat stands, and pivot area for rear seats likely masked off
- Application of light grey primer (primer color probably dependent on color of the car) on top and vertical surfaces of dash and under dashboard area same for A-pillars and likely roof
- Application of body color in the whole cabin. Unsure if the whole dash was painted body color or just the dash top and the edges of the dash from the over spray from the door opening area and A pillars
- Application of flat black paint across the dash, underneath the dash, tunnel, seat stands and center pivot area for rear seats

Curious to learn what others have found. Would also love to see factory pictures of the SWB painting process if anybody has these to check the above.

JK