Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Indoor Car Cover for my 1973 911???

Best Indoor Car Cover for my 1973 911???

Hi... I’m looking for the best indoor car cover for my 73 911 Targa... I would like a nice tight fit, if possible... Porsche logo might be nice, but not required... please let me know your thoughts!

Targaaddict

If you intend to use your car. the best cover is none at all. You'll quickly learn that the work of taking off a cover and reinstalling same will deter you from any spontaneous driving and will only add to the mystique of the car, at least in your own mind, as being either an art object or an investment which can only moved on special occasions. Forget a cover and enjoy the car.

Best I have found for indoors. Looks awesome. Feels great. Customize as you wish. Half the price of a similar dealer Porsche cover. Keeps dust off. Gert is all about customer service. You won't be disappointed.
    No affiliation.
    http://www.carnewal.com/products/All...r-Cover-Indoor
    Zed

This is made by "form fit"
    Came with a large logo on front hood which I did not specify but it is a bonus as I can feel it when it is folded up and can tell front from rear.
    The seam line is supposed to run along the rain rail but I stretch it down to cover the wheels
    Mark
    Name:  IMG_2585.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  67.8 KB
    Last edited by NZVW; 12-04-2017 at 12:45 PM.

I prefer Auto Chic www.autochic.com They are custom fitted for your Targa ,light weight and washable. I have several for my cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac911 View Post
    I prefer Auto Chic www.autochic.com They are custom fitted for your Targa ,light weight and washable. I have several for my cars.
    And not overpriced. Nice to deal with too.
    1969 911S Targa
    1970 911S Coupe
    1973 911T w 3.2
    1972 Alfa GTV 2000

I agree with above poster, forget the cover. IF you drive the car regularly, just leave as is and get a California Car Duster, been using these for years. My ritual, back the car out of the garage, let it idle and take 5 mins to dust it off. I do this with all my cars as they are stacked on car lifts and getting a cover on/off is major PITA

I like my California cover!

In the event that you can't just drive your car all the time....
    I've been using one of these for several years.
    https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/pro...r-cover.C-CCFL

The tan flannel cover is perfect for indoors. It's super soft, keeps the car clean provided you dust it off before putting on the cover, and is thick enough that it'll protect from someone bumping the car with a laundry basket, bicycle etc in the garage (ask me how I know).
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

Sold! That is what I am looking for. Thanks!