Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Virus on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by silver911 View Post
    Avast seeing something not good.. appears every time I click on a thread to read...
    Same problem

My iPad is spotty for now...sometimes slow with one reload...hmmmmm
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

I have a problem here with "coinhive.com" - my Webroot software tells me.

- Rob

No problem accessing with my iPad, my iPhone, my PC (running Malwarebytes and Windows Defender), or my laptop (running McAfee).

Same here with Norton. Time to fix the problem !!!!!!!

Gburner
    No virus shown on my webroot security, but when I log on here my PC cooling fan goes high speed?
    The minute I log off the fan speed goes normal?
    Is it related to the RG forum being down?

my cpu goes up to. Would not surprise me if some hacker is using the cpu speed of people logging on to mine bitcoin. A new but quite common phenomenon

My PC indicated this...

Results 1 - 3 of about 3 Search took 0.01 seconds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coinhive JavaScript cryptocoin miner - Adware and PUAs - Advanced Network Threat Protection | ATP from Targeted Malware Attacks ...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

I think the same as Targa! And I've also noticed the comments of the fans once the domain is excluded.

mention this web address
    XXXXX.coinhive.com

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/securi...king-coinhive/

Today I had problems. I thought it was google chrome. Doing the test he saw that the browser was not the problem. Once managed the exclusion increases the use of the CPU to 100%. From here comes the acceleration of the fans ... I leave you a photo in case you want to see it in images.

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  59.3 KBName:  1.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  69.9 KB
    Last edited by _gonbau; 12-11-2017 at 07:56 AM.

OK, logging into the forum from my high-security office computer, McAfee detects and deletes coinhive.min1].js, which it classifies as JS/Miner.c Trojan.