Thread: Hoosier Speedsters

Hoosier Speedsters

Hi- Looking for some updated opinions on Hoosier Speedsters. Anyone using them on their early 911? I am considering, but I do not want to sacrifice stick at the autocross. How do they compare to Re71Rs? I like the idea of a taller sidewall than the 50 series Bridgestones to get a little closer to stock. I would run the 205/60/15s on my 72e. I do not ever drive in the rain, but I would be going to and from AX events, weekend drives, etc. Thanks for your opinions.
    -brad

Sorry I obviously put this in the wrong place. Thanks for moving it. Still looking for some reviews. Thanks. -brad

I just spent a week at Sebring on Speedsters for the first time in a SWB 2Ltr having previously run for years on 50 series Toyo Proxes. My impression was the car was easier to throttle steer and was probably a lot more authentic vintage performance than a sticky Toyo. It was a blast.

That sounds pretty tempting. Thanks sanders.

How did they wear?

It's a little hard to tell as the rubber rolls into the tread, but I'll try to make that determination and report back.

Thanks. -brad