Thread: Vredestein Sportrac 5 Performance Radial Tire - 195/65 R 15 91V

Vredestein Sportrac 5 Performance Radial Tire - 195/65 R 15 91V

Any experience with these tires on a narrow body? Appreciate any comments...thanks, Mike

I've got a set of these in 205/60R15 on my 70S. They drive well. I'm not in love with the looks.

They tested poorly against the options - google it, there is a comparison done by Porsche also. Pirelli CN36 seemed to win.
    --
    1973 911s / 1994 964 Turbo / 1997 993c2

Quote Originally Posted by wicks View Post
    They tested poorly against the options - google it, there is a comparison done by Porsche also. Pirelli CN36 seemed to win.
    Fake news.

No, they didn't. The test you refer to was a classic tire test and the Vredestein tire tested was the Sprint Classic, not the Sportrac 5. The Sportrac 5 is a modern tread tire and a very different animal than the tires tested. I have no doubts it would handily beat the CN36 in performance but it lacks the classic look.

Thanks for the info. I have to put shoes on a set of cookie cutters while the Fuchs are out for restoration. The $137/tire seems reasonable for a decent street tire .