Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beltwerks: A seat belt thread.

Beltwerks: A seat belt thread.

I have decided to start this thread on Seat belts so there is a helpful discussion that can be viewed by all rather than answering privately.

I intend to try and answer all seat belt enquires and would encourage the shared knowledge of the Registry to add there questions and technical contributions.

Happy new Year

Dave

Beltwerks.
    Last edited by 72targa; 01-06-2018 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Sales & service to be listed in FS section...thanks!

Apologies, life is getting in the way at the moment..!

I am pleased to report that the five panel plain Black webbing that is used in Rest of the World / US cars from 70-on has just passed it's extensive safety tests. Results exceed the industry standards worldwide. Technical data available upon request for all webbing.

This distinct Herringbone type webbing is correct for all inertia reel belts from 1970 option, until the late 1970's impact bumper cars. Preview pictured.

Dave

Name:  20180103_092302 (1).jpg
Views: 806
Size:  36.5 KB
    Last edited by 72targa; 01-06-2018 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Please list FS items in the proper thread...thanks!

Hallo Dave,
    you told me that Porsche used Britax seat belts in their race cars during the 60īs until REPA seat belts replaced them. I tried to find some pictures of early 911s with such seat belts but I only found pictures with shoulder seat belts. Do you know pictures of SWB 911 with Britax belts?
    For my normal 66 Coupe I got TEKA Automaten shoulder seat belts but I didnīt find race pictures from Britax belts or race cages. Do you have such photos?

Kind regards
    Bernd

Name:  Vic Elford Monte Carlo 1967 with Huschke von Hanstein.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  123.8 KB
    Name:  Vic Elford  Monte Carlo 1967.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  130.2 KB
    Name:  Porsche 911 1968 TR.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  71.6 KB

The first two pictures show a race car in Monte Carlo from 67 with Vic Elford.

Hi Bernd,

Probably one of the most famous images:

Yes Dave this is a nice foto and it is difficult to find pictures like this one which show the interior. But I think Larousse became factory driver in 69. So this probably is no SWB car. Do you have also a picture how the belts were fixed at the chassis.

Good night from Germany.

Bernd

Bernd, the car in question is 911R 11899005R. A 68 model year car. I also think Vic Elford is putting on a harness as you can see the tail strap mountings on the rear shelf. It is possibly a Britax / Sabelt four point harness as it has two tail straps. We will probably never know.

I will come back to the Porsche / Britax partnership shortly.
    Last edited by stretch; 01-04-2018 at 11:53 PM.

Seems like the thread is back. Unfortunately you are not allowed to ask me if i have any materials or belts for sale in this thread. I will direct any enquires to the correct section. If i am going to attend any events in the world with any belts then you will be directed to the future events section which will provide the information. I understand i will be safe to proceed now.

I tried to respond to the moderators last comment on the thread that has been removed, which asked " why did i get so upset " As the moderators PM box is full i will post an example below.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...Showdown/page6

I see nothing wrong with a one man band posting his parts and raising his profile if it benefits the members knowledge base and that person is spending his time to educate others. But some fairness is required.

I am leaving it on the wave behind now.

Dave

Thanks Dave. Cleared some space in my inbox. Sorry about that!
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Can somebody tell me what is the closest match to the original 1969 belt webbing? Or is it still available somewhere? I need it to my concours restoration.