Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 64+65 specs genuine porsche rocker panels

I'll take em...PM sent

Thanx,

KJ

Quote Originally Posted by VintageExcellen View Post
    I can confirm with absolute certainty that one of my cars 3035xx has this rocker. Original paint on them still. Was surprised when I pulled the rubber threshold off that it had the early rocker, impressions filled with a white material/filler. No rust repair on the car prior to my ownership. Sorry, don’t have the detail pics on this device. I would guess it’s possible that they switched rockers before my vin and mine could have gotten one of the last off the shelf parts. Much more data needed but mine is the latest car I have seen with early rockers.
    thanks Mark
    yep filled with dirty white(looks like to have some metal powder in it also) early rock hard bondo--applied after paint right?

Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post
    thanks Mark
    yep filled with dirty white(looks like to have some metal powder in it also) early rock hard bondo--applied after paint right?
    Yep, some type of plastic filler like material applied on top of the painted car. Haven’t looked that closely to it yet. I suppose they figured the strength just was not needed and the extra stamp was a waste of effort so it changed in 66.

On this set that Kev just bought I notice they have correct drains in the bottom which is rare to find. I worked with Resto Design to replicate those on their newest gen rockers. So many cars with the poor quality Dansk open drain which always bugged me.

Quote Originally Posted by VintageExcellen View Post
    Yep, some type of plastic filler like material applied on top of the painted car. Haven’t looked that closely to it yet. I suppose they figured the strength just was not needed and the extra stamp was a waste of effort so it changed in 66.

On this set that Kev just bought I notice they have correct drains in the bottom which is rare to find. I worked with Resto Design to replicate those on their newest gen rockers. So many cars with the poor quality Dansk open drain which always bugged me.
    have a box full of dansk crap rockers that customers bought for there cars but i refused to use--at least there final mission as test carrier for stamping was meaningful
    Attached Images Attached Images

My original rockers

Scott

I have 303165, has its original rockers and floors and the indentations are there

01212_dh8npBvg7ZV_1200x900.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kismet View Post
    I have 303165, has its original rockers and floors and the indentations are there

01212_dh8npBvg7ZV_1200x900.jpg
    thanks for letting us know..
    looks like a decent cage...

Thanks Molto, cage was done by TC Designs in the San Jose area, they have a good reputation.
    For reference for those building early cars, here is a picture of the slam panel, as you can see it retains the stampings both sides of the hood/bonnet latch, the aluminum VIN plate attaches to the horseshoe frame above the fuel tank

yiQjqQ%zSd6vVO3Vk9L2+Q.jpg

Jz21bdNLT+6etHJuNsNRIQ.jpg