Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: @Road&Race - '71 'S' Coupe . . .

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    At Porsche parade last summer there were four (counting 76 and back) 911's being autocrossed, yet there is thread upon thread of people spending bazillions on every trick part from every known catalog to make their portfolio faster and faster,,,,,sooooo where are they
    I really need to bring my 73 "Orangello" to Parade 2018.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bobby Smith
    member #299
    1973 914/4 2.8 ltr. (FTD winner 2008 Charlotte Parade) (sold)
    1973 911 "Orangello"
    1973 914/6 GT 3.2 "Crystal Blue Persuasion" (sold)
    2011 Boxster Spyder
    1973 911 E "E GO" Metallic Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Smith View Post
    I really need to bring my 73 "Orangello" to Parade 2018.
    They won't want any part of that.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Quote Originally Posted by sithot View Post
    They won't want any part of that.
    She's a well sorted car. I finally assembled my receipts/records and put together a nice binder full of interesting history. Orangello deserves it.
    Bobby Smith
    member #299
    1973 911 "Orangello"
    2011 Boxster Spyder

Please do Bobby,,,,I'll do my best to make you work for it Now hopefully owner #3 and 5 didn't muck it up too badly
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Please do Bobby,,,,I'll do my best to make you work for it Now hopefully owner #3 and 5 didn't muck it up too badly
    Ed, this would be a much better choice for the auto-x. Orangello would be great for the early 911 class but my 914/6 "might" have a shot at overall FTD.
    Bobby Smith
    member #299
    1973 911 "Orangello"
    2011 Boxster Spyder

Those 'modern' new cars are proving tough to beat. But I'll bet you could put a bunch of them away!
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

There are several local Boxster/Cayman PDK autocrossers that are fast. That new technology is getting harder and harder to handle.
    Bobby Smith
    member #299
    1973 911 "Orangello"
    2011 Boxster Spyder

Owner #3 and #5 was responsible for owners #4 and #6.

Owner #4 ran up a small war debt while owner #3 got to enjoy the "war" modifications vicariously. These made Orangello, Organgello!

It's stilll one of the best longhoods I've driven.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

I agree. One of the best longhoods I've driven as well and I've driven quite a few. Owner #4 "Sam" made some incredible and VERY expensive improvements and I am thankful he did. Owner # 5 did some wonderful cosmetics. As owner # 6, I've been able to maintain the cosmetics and tweek the suspension into a formidable auto-x with decent street manners. Here's Orangello next to a GT3 RS in a similar color.
    Bobby Smith
    member #299
    1973 911 "Orangello"
    2011 Boxster Spyder

9111301161 . . .

. . . now on BaT . . .

'. . . This 1971 Porsche 911S is finished in Silver Metallic over a black leather interior and is powered by a numbers-matching 2.2L flat-six paired with a five-speed manual transaxle. The original owner took delivery at the factory in Stuttgart, Germany in May 1971 before shipping the car to Los Angeles two months later under Porsche’s Tourist Delivery Program. The car was subsequently acquired in 1982 by the second owner, who retained it until 2013, when the current owner purchased it. Factory equipment includes a limited-slip differential, a rear wiper, an electric heater, a rear bumper apron, a Blaupunkt radio, and tinted glass. This 911S is said to have won the R Gruppe “GT Award” in 2014 and is now offered on behalf of the current owner with service records, tourist-delivery paperwork, a factory owner’s manual and service booklet, a Porsche Certificate of Authenticity, and a clean California title.

Sheetmetal is finished in Silver Metallic and features H1 headlights, an aluminum hood, European-style corner lights, stainless rocker-panel trim, and a factory-optional rear bumper apron. A driver-side Durant rearview mirror is fitted along with aluminum fender trim and a metal roof rack. The rear deck is equipped with an optional rear window wiper, and its aluminum grille wears an R Gruppe ‘GT’ award badge. Tinted side and rear glass is reported to be original, and the finish and trim are pictured up close in the gallery below.

Factory 15″ x 6″ Deep Six Fuchs alloy wheels are wrapped with 185/70 Pirelli Cinturato CN36 tires. The brake system features cross-drilled and ventilated rotors at all four corners, and the ride height has been lowered from the factory setting. New Koni strut inserts and shocks are said to have been recently installed.

The black leather interior features sport seats that have been re-trimmed by Autobahn Interiors of San Diego, California with houndstooth inserts. Front three-point seatbelts are fitted, and Coco floor mats line the footwells. Other equipment includes manual windows, a heater, and a Blaupunkt radio.

A 380mm four-spoke steering wheel fronts VDO instrumentation, which includes a 250-km/h speedometer and a centrally mounted tachometer indicating a 7,200-rpm redline. The five-digit mechanical odometer shows just over 82k kilometers (~51k miles), approximately 500 of which have been added by the current owner.

The mechanically injected 2.2L flat-six was factory rated to 180 horsepower at 6,500 rpm when new and is paired with a 915 five-speed manual transaxle. Game Face Motorsports of Whittier, California reportedly rebuilt the numbers-matching engine in 2015, and, according to the seller, it was only recently broken in and dyno-tuned before being reinstalled in the car. The original owner had a turbocharged Porsche crate engine from ASPA GmbH installed in the car in 1979, per accompanying documents viewable in the photo gallery. More recently, a twin-plug RSR MFI flat-six was in place prior to the reinstallation of the factory engine earlier this year . . .

. . . An accompanying invoice indicates that a larger fuel tank was installed by Westwood Porsche Audi in Westwood, California in 1974
    . . .'

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-porsche-911s-6/

(Not mine)

We Can Be Heroes