Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seat experts chime in

Seat experts chime in

Hi, Can I get some input on the model and time period on these Scheel seats.
    Seat has original headrest and sliders/mounting bracket.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

this is a scheel / ass model 101 from the 70s. if you're looking for another one, i have one in better condition to sell. regards

Thanks, sent you a email.

Another poster said this was a narrow version of this seat. Is that correct?

there were no different width versions of the seat, but the design has of course changed over the years.

best

These are normally found in BMW cars.
    Similar, but not to be confused with the much lighter 300 racing seat.

Thats my seat, not at all like a 300. The 300 has a fiberglass shell while this has a steel frame with an adjustable rake backrest. My ass says this seat is wider.

Like i said, similar but not the same. Heavier seat never fitted in a 911. There are many sellers in Europe ebay etc describing these as Porsche 911 seats... Bullshit. Hence the reply.

Strictly aftermarket. Heavier in the sense that it is probably a hefty 1/2 the weight of a factory steel frame sport seat.

Nice looking seat, this would be a great alternative if I was building an ST replica..kinda looks the part...I really don't understand why one must have real Scheel or Recaro seats when building a replica ST since the car is a replica,tribute,rendition or whatever it is called these days; but essentially and ultimately a fake to begin with? I myself would love to build a fake ST..I also do admire the owner's tenacity and the level of authenticity some of these fake ST's achieve.