Thread: Anybody know this guy?

Anybody know this guy?

I am trying to find anybody who knew Gary Meana of the San Diego region. I bought his 68 911L and trying to establish any available history of the car. Gary passed away in the past 8-10 years.
    Any help is appreciated.

jfd

With an unusual last name like that you might do a search for people with that last name. He may have a widow or children who might remember something about the car.

jfd,

Happy New Year to you,

I can understand you wanting to 'seek' out the history of a previous owner whom is deceased of a car you may own, however in general the majority seek details based on vin, engine, g box numbers when wanting to inquire about our cars.
    I'm sure that the 'select' can assist with genealogy of the car's history and assist you on it's past if your cars details are provided.
    DNA and "stem cell" info is not yet provided (at present) for long hood's.
    Mark

The internet is your friend. Public records are easy to search.
    Here is your starting point
    https://www.whitepages.com/name/Meana/San-Diego-CA
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

On a rumour that my car was originally a Texas car, I wrote to the Texas DMV using their online form with the VIN and 2 weeks later received the original registration info. From that info I was able to track down the original owner through news stories in small local papers and the Billion Graves web site https://billiongraves.com/grave/William-F-BOONE/5976595 . That same site shows a Gary Meana who passed away Dec 20th, 2006. Maybe related?

From stories of my car's first owner's son's athletic prowess, also on line in small newspapers, I found his son on LinkedIn via a religious college and his Ph.D. in Divinity studies. And started a conversation.

Once I had the Texas info, it took half an hour in an armchair by the fireplace to dig up the rest. The internet can be used for good!

Ravi
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

That's cool. I wish Washington state had such a thing. The original owner is the only guy I don't know. I do have the plate number and know that it was originally licensed right here in my County but that's as far as it goes.