Thread: NOS Solex 40 PI

NOS Solex 40 PI

Over the years I have collected all sorts of Porsche parts and some of them are like this single NOS Solex 40PI that I really do not know what to do. If there is anything unclear about surface finishes etc. here is perfect totally unused example how they should look.

If someone is crazy enough and trying to collect full NOS set or if you can figure out something else what to do with it, please let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    911 1965 MY66
    911E 1972 Coupe
    911TV 1973.5 Coupe

Banned
    I can't imagine anyone wanting this.

PM sent.

Solex is Frank's Kryptonite.

Banned
    We all have our fetishes; it beats wearing ladies undergarments.

Glad those days are behind me.

BTW: I would really like to own this but when a seller doesn't list a price and tells me to make an offer I will always open with something ridiculous because... well... he said to make an offer.

Still waiting for a counter.
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 01-09-2018 at 02:44 AM.

Frank,
    "I can't imagine anyone wanting this." made me laugh out loud! Love your sense of humor.
    Bob B

Quote Originally Posted by Mikkoh View Post
    If someone is crazy enough and trying to collect full NOS set or if you can figure out something else what to do with it.
    One on its one is really,,, just that, a lone orphan with little or no hope of finding a biological sibling, never mind 5.

These were great carbs in their day,, No offset intakes etc but they were as known, problematic after time. Float issues, incorrect tube sizing and crappy throttle shaft bushings and were removed from the factory production line in favour of the Web.

I would love to use this as a weight for my "down rigger" when catching Broadbill.

My lead weights cost around $20 so I am prepared to up the anti in regards to weight quality and offer $25.

I already have bookends and paper weights.

Name:  IMG_0013.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  86.2 KB

Mark

Still waiting for a counter.
    Had to travel around, when I am working I donīt have time for forums unfortunately

I was hoping in my small mind that maybe some perfectionist would benefit from this by getting some restoration reference etc. For me it is also a paperweight as I already have my full set assembled and I could not put this one in operation since it has already survived over 50 years, also selling it for few dollars really donīt make sense. Stupid useless part.
    911 1965 MY66
    911E 1972 Coupe
    911TV 1973.5 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Mikkoh View Post
    Stupid useless part.
    Not at all,
    Someone out there will require it at some time in the future.
    I think its wonderful that people like yourself still have these parts in NOS condition hanging around our workshops and garages.
    Chin up.
    Mark

Banned
    Mikkoh,

How about we trade? My stupid useless shelf trophy for yours?
    Some scratch may need to be thrown in one way or the other.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

That`s a great looking tractor you have there, but a bit too small for my use.
    911 1965 MY66
    911E 1972 Coupe
    911TV 1973.5 Coupe