Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Early 63-73 literature collection. Standard reference book. Suggestions/help/contact

Quote Originally Posted by uai View Post
    Is this the Reutter/Recaro Frank Jung?

Thanks
    Uli
    Yep—that's the one.

Thx to everybody - still need to email Stout (im super busy)

Eric “Soterik” pm’d me and we will include a few dealer items he has and I dont.

Milou/Thomas confirmed the 66 Upholstery folder he has and I dont.

Typ901 confirmed the 73 Upholstery folder he has and I dont.

Thx.

Name:  0096A53D-4212-42ED-AC4F-FE9AEB200683.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  63.5 KB

Name:  4F22DE44-1309-4924-A23F-C257670E1EC7.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  83.4 KB
    Registry member No.773

You know DanNM, i will ONLY do a book if every page of each item is published.
    I am not interested in showing nice covers of nice items.
    Im not interested in Coffeetable books.

I want one where one can go to 1968 option folder and read each page of it. Then go to 1971 Accessories and do the same. Then check 1968 prices and read the full information, page per page. Like a scientific source book.
    The items speak for themself, everybody can check for himself.
    So..we only publish if someone agrees to this idea.

Still think a book is better than a site.
    Im not confortable to do the same via a site giving tons of high-res pdf’s to download for free, printing even the entire item for ones use. (From the very valuable 73RS brochures exist fake copies, indistinguable from the Original except one knows how to check)
    I think the book is the way to go.
    The reference for early Porsche are all within books, except the Registry.

Name:  559F662B-CBDF-4A21-9AD8-AEFF970258E4.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  75.9 KB
    Last edited by 911T1971; 01-19-2018 at 09:56 AM.
    Registry member No.773

Update..i have been in direct contact with Pete from 000magazine and Stephen Stuart and myself put out some keyfacts.
    Stephen was also very helpful with the process and ideas of photography and we continue to collaborate.

Stay tuned..
    Name:  B7E8D07E-5550-485B-8524-EA6D5A9A436D.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  78.1 KB
    Last edited by 911T1971; 01-25-2018 at 05:11 AM.
    Registry member No.773

Update.

DaveP confirmed that he will supply documents.
    Last edited by 911T1971; 02-07-2018 at 10:33 PM.
    Registry member No.773

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I work in a creative field that does web and print so I see the pros and cons of both and would be out of a job if I expected people to do everything for free! I just happen to think a digital archive would be more relevant for people who want full scans of a TON of literature, rather than a pic of a cover and what amounts to a list. I still buy big coffee table books too! Cost of publishing might host a nice site for a long time, but digital always has the threat of disappearing so I get the need/want for a physical medium.

Hope I didn't derail the original ask - I love this stuff and would love a large archive of literature.
    No worries whatsoever. Sorry for the book above, but you really gave me some things to think about—and that's a good thing.

Karim, other parties, and I are indeed discussing this project. No promises, and I am not sure it will go quickly if we do proceed, but everyone seems to have the right view on it: If we do this, it's all about doing it well.

Best,

pete

Its going to be project, that’s for sure. And everyone involved agrees on the intended end point which is really great. Thanks for the idea, Karim, and I look forward to the project evolving...
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Karim
    As mentioned similar has been done in Ferrari world...

http://www.shoppingformula1.it/eng/t...publishing.htm

Seems like it is focused brochures -- not all literature. Haven't seen his book but will ask if there is a copy in my club library.

The author is a British chap, a well known Ferrari Automobilia and literature collector and one of the organisers behind the current Ferrari exhibition in London's design museum.
    https://www.topgear.com/car-news/cla...t-ronald-stern

Posting it here (rather than other car interests or England threads ) because of the relevance to the thread proposed book, rather than the marque.

He is the gent who sold Nick Mason the 250GTO for about £ forty grand many years ago...worth a bit more than that now.

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 03-06-2018 at 04:16 AM.

Update and Good News !

I can report we are in the process to finalise a concept for a publication.

Pete Stout is interested to publish it within his 000 magazine structure.
    Renowned German author Christoph Mäder (whom I met in Cologne) agreed to write and coordinate the whole project, Christoph told me they soon will meet in Stuttgart.

It is planned to split the Porsche literature into years and publish soft-cover reference books for each year, ie 73, 72, 71, 70 and so on..
    So someone can buy the year he needs for his car or, if wished, the full 10 year lot.
    (This is the best and most economicial way, since each year has dozens of items to record and often hundreds of pictures to document each item's content.)

Distribution will be worldwide, available as a spin-off project of 000 magazine.

This will be a world class product, THE reference source to get infos for 1963-1973 Porsche factory literature within standard production cars. It will be paramount to print all pages of each item, to offer the reader a in-depht source book of factory issued items.

Once everything is 100 ./. confirmed, I'll do a roll call to get items we are missing as well as contact members, who promised me to contribute as lenders.

Stay tuned

Name:  69.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  96.5 KB
    Last edited by 911T1971; 06-16-2018 at 07:46 AM.
    Registry member No.773

Karim

great news !
    by doing the project by year instead of one book,you can do updates by reprinting one year only when someone comes up with new material
    this will happen,similarly to the posters book researched by Carl Bauer who keeps finding new posters after the book has been printed
    will you have a section for the various importers/local dealers price lists ? I have some to send to you

cheers
    Dennis
    1970 914-6 - materialised from the 'Lotto' garage into reality
    1971 2.2 911 S - now back in the UK - sob!
    1975 Carrera Targa (ROW) - missed.
    One of us is fast becoming a valuable antique.
    S Registry member 536
    Australian TYP 901 Register Member 44