Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sway bar bushing 90134379202

Sway bar bushing 90134379202

Hi folks,

Happy New Year all. Down to the home stretch on my restoration and looking for a sanity check on the front sway bar bushings for a 1973 911S. This is for the 15 mm bar.

I have ordered the part from both Stoddard and from my dealer and there is no freaking way that it slides over a 15 mm bar. Looks like it is for the '65 which is 12 mm.

Anybody have experience with this? Other options?

cheers,
    Ravi
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

All the bar ends are the same square size, so the same arms fit all size bars. Are your bushings slit so that they slip over the bar?
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Are we talking about the same bushing Ed? I'm referring to the through body one (#2 in the diagram), which yes, has to go over the square end. I see what you say about the square end since the receiving arm is the same for all cars. URO and Elephant appear to sell the right one with a bigger hole inside. The outer diameter is the same for all, but the inner diameter varies for the 12 and 15 mm bars (and presumably the bigger sizes as well?). Should not need to slit them. The originals were not slit.

Ravi

Name:  901-343-792-02.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  37.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernThrux View Post
    URO and Elephant appear to sell the right one with a bigger hole inside. The outer diameter is the same for all, but the inner diameter varies for the 12 and 15 mm bars (and presumably the bigger sizes as well?).
    Hi Ravi, you have the correct 901 343 792 02 part number, strange that you would have received the wrong diameter bushings from Stoddard and the dealer. Here are photos of our 13mm (901 343 792 01) and 15/16mm bushings, just do a search for "URO 90134379202" and you'll find the larger diameter available from several online retailers. How do the bushing you received compare to the ones in this photo?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by URO-Parts; 01-04-2018 at 03:23 PM.

Ravi, I may be wrong, could have sworn they were slit, the larger diameters may slide over the square end, but the smaller ones would be tough. Now I'm curious, going to see if I can find some old ones laying around
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

The new bushings aren't coming slit as Ed said so you just cut a slit in them. Done.
    72S, 72T now ST

Agreed that solves the installation issue but Ravi still needs to verify he has the correct bushing center hole or his bar is going to be bound up if he uses the earlier small hole bushing.

Quote Originally Posted by URO-Parts View Post
    Hi Ravi, you have the correct 901 343 792 02 part number, strange that you would have received the wrong diameter bushings from Stoddard and the dealer. Here are photos of our 13mm (901 343 792 01) and 15/16mm bushings, just do a search for "URO 90134379202" and you'll find the larger diameter available from several online retailers. How do the bushing you received compare to the ones in this photo?

Yep, what Porsche is selling with that part number is for the 13 mm bar. This is their bushing and my car. As you can see the hole is mighty small. Even if it was slit it would bind on the bar. That's just a sloppy shortcut as pointed out.

Name:  IMG_2269 copy.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  83.3 KB

Ravi

Also, these are the original bushings. No slits. Just some cracks on the face during removal since the rubber has hardened over the years.

Ravi

Name:  IMG_2170.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  101.5 KB

Bushings

I am just about to order some 15mm bushings, so I would be interested in what you decide to order.

The old ones I took off my bar were indeed split.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernThrux View Post
    Also, these are the original bushings. No slits. Just some cracks on the face during removal since the rubber has hardened over the years.

Ravi

Name:  IMG_2170.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  101.5 KB
    Jim F.

1969 911S
    member 1864