Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Introducion of US only parts, most 72/73

Dirk

Hard to make out the radio chrome surround on the picture copy (German = chromblende?).

Is the middle horizontal bar on both edition pictures shiny / level with the rest of surround or middle cross bar set in deeper than rest of the surround and silver "satin". I know what is often seen but interested in this exact image/s finish. I've looked at same in the 73 books and want to compare.

Maybe the original image in book is clearer than the examples posted. Small detail but happen to be curious.

Cheers

Can one reliably use the type of outboard seat supports (slotted vs. non-slotted) to determine if the car was originally equipped with double locker seats? My '73T RoW is an early build (#270) and has the slotted outboard supports. The CoA indicates the car was ordered with Sport Seats (long gone), and I am curious to know if the slotted supports implies double locker bases were originally installed. Or were all '73s built with the slotted supports, even if single-locker seats were installed during the early transition months until all cars got double lockers?

For the difference in the slotted vs non-slotted, see this picture that Jim Breazeale posted:
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...l=1#post930586
    '73 RoW 911T (project)
    '77 911S
    Early911SReg #2945

Quote Originally Posted by Dmill View Post
    Gusseted bumper brackets appeared in '73...my guess is they appeared at the same time (1/73) as the bar reinforcements in the doors...but I am not sure
    I am curious about this one as well. Did all cars received the gusseted front bumper brackets and gusseted rear bumpers at the same time (and what is that time?), or were they only for the US market, and RoW cars retained the original parts up until the end of MY73?

For example, the USA Parts Catalog list the new (gusseted) front bumper bracket (911.505.055.01) for '73-'. However, the RoW Parts Catalog only lists the original (not-gusseted) front bumper bracket (911.505.037.00) for all years - the new bracket is not listed at all. Based on this it appears the gusseted front bumper bracket was only used for US cars (or it could be a typo in the catalog).

For the rear bumper, both the RoW and USA Parts Catalog show a change in part number in '73 (901.505.021.21 --> 911.505.021.02), so it appears the gusseted rear bumpers were used for all markets. But again, was this starting in January of 1973, and the same start date for all markets? Or starting in Jan '73 for US (due to regulatory), and then for other markets after the parts bin for non-gusseted bumpers ran dry?

It would seem logical that the gusseted parts would coincide with this entry from the list (at least for the US):

'01.09.72 energy absorbing front and rear bumper'

Also, my '73T RoW does not have the reinforcements in the door. Did the '73 RoW cars received the reinforced doors at some point?
    '73 RoW 911T (project)
    '77 911S
    Early911SReg #2945

Quote Originally Posted by frankc View Post
    Also, my '73T RoW does not have the reinforcements in the door. Did the '73 RoW cars received the reinforced doors at some point?
    As of January 73 production, see post 18.
    Registry member No.773

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar
    Pressure/temp gauges 1973, ROW version..

Cees
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by 911T1971 View Post
    As of January 73 production, see post 18.
    Thanks, I saw that bulletin but (mistakenly) thought it was for distribution to US dealerships.
    '73 RoW 911T (project)
    '77 911S
    Early911SReg #2945

Does anyone have a date for when the torsion tube was modified for easy removal of the trailing arm bolts (#8 on Karim's list)? My '73 has the unmodified tube, and I'm looking for data points that might help me narrow down the build date.
    '73 RoW 911T (project)
    '77 911S
    Early911SReg #2945

Looking for productions dates around
    9112100280-290 and 9112500620-630