First, let me thank you for any information on valuation for the car described below, and know too, we have three 356 cars, and a 964 C-2Cab that was purchased new in '92 by us.

This opportunity came to me via a friend who is helping the widow of the PO that has recently departed our lovely earth. Cherish Every Minute!

One owner from new.

5-speed, 5 Fuchs, retractable antenna & speakers, appearance group, tinted glass all around.

A ton of miles. Clock is showing 46+K but there is enough knowledge that this is at least on the second time around the clock might even be the 3rd.. and there is evidence that speedo has been out to fix the odo.....

Maroon over black. Damaged in years past on both front and rear.

Lots of service records, from 1971 up to and including 2013 when the car was put in a garage and they turned out the lights.

The condition it has been stored in is at the surface, pretty nice, however, there is lots of evidence the garage floor has been really wet as the concrete has efflorescence at least an 8th of an inch or more. E-Brakes are frozen solid as it was on since 2013. A brake service was completed in 2013 so maybe the calipers/rotors are maybe ok, maybe.

Exterior of the car presents well with the usual small dings, scratches, nicks and garage rash. Believe the paint will buff out with some real labor. Repaint in '86 after the rear end hit occurred.

Interior is needy with the drivers side logitudinal carpet wore to the metal, seats no longer support any weight, dash looks OK, door cards are intact with side pockets hanging out of position.

Engine has been rebuilt, but that was done in 1981 with about 41K miles, which would mean over 100K miles ago. And, a question here too: What's up with the cam chain tensioners, sprockets, being worked on/replaced every 7 or 8K miles? Transaxle has been worked on too with first & second gears replaced along with new syncros. Been through at least 4 clutch & PP replacements.. Guess this guy was not easy on the associated parts. By the way, PO was fighter Jet Pilot/Instructor, so just guessing there might have been some attempts to reach MACH 1. Engine does turn over with some effort. So guess that is good.

Now for the horror story. The conditions of the bonnet are simply horrendous. Squirrels have had their way with this compartment for years. A ton of you know what, and old seeds (from the PO's bird feeders) what a complete mess. Battery compartments show rust, but believe this is probably status quo for most all of the "original" '71 Ts. There has been previous work on the car to combat the TIN WORMS, based on the work receipts it was minor. (Ha! When is rust on these cars ever MINOR?)

Have not had the opportunity to get under the car and will not in that garage but want to get it back to my shop and put it on the lift. However, before the work is completed to simply move the car, wondering if this car has a good case to bring it back as a driver and nothing near concours restoration. (Been there, done that with one of the 356 cars).

Yeah, I know Pictures, Pictures, Pictures.... Don't have them but please let my description fill your minds eye and help me to determine the fare market value of such a car in it's state of disrepair.

Thanks again for your time and knowledge.

DJ.