Thread: Seatbelt Labels

Seatbelt Labels

I am going to open up another can of worms here, my 1970 which I have owned for 38 years and has the original seat belts (as far as I know) has a silk label dated 1971, the tongue that goes into the receiver also has 1971 stamped in it. I just looked at a set of rear belts that have a 1970 label but 1971 stamped on the tongue. Can all you guys with 1970's please check your belts.
    Thanks
    Rudy

Hi Rudy

I have a 71 that I've owned for 35+ years, one of my rear belts has a 69 white tag with a 70 stamp on the metal receiver all the other belts are all 70. My 71 was built in 9/70 or 10/70 I haven't really checked it out. Funny my car also came with a 1970 glove box door I get questioned on that all the time I'm not going to change it. To answer your question sorry I don't think your seat belts would be correct. I also have a 69 that's been sitting since the early 80's and it has 68 and 69 tags & stamps but nothing past the manufacturer date of the car.

Hopper

I have a 70 S also and the belts say 1969. It was a December production.
    John

Early 911 S Registry member 473
    RGruppe member 445

I can't imagine that someone changed the seatbelts in the first 6 years, I am the 3rd owner, a euro delivery car. John, how can I find out the month of production?
    Rudy

I checked my 1992 COA and found that my car is a
    June 1970 production, I am hoping some here has a 1970 with a serial number after 1609 that can check their belts, I am thinking since this is a late production car theft ran out of 70 tagged belts and started using 71 tags. I am basing this theory on John's car who also has a 70 but early production, which has 69 tagged belts.

I think my car has 69 tags, as it was built in December. It is at the end of 69 production and this is understandable. You car being built in June 1970 does not seem to having been made at the end of the 70 run , so it makes a bit less sense that is has 71 tags.

Your idea to see if there are any mid year 70 cars with 71 tags is the way to go. I will keep eyes open on this issue and if I find anything, I will pm you.
    John

Early 911 S Registry member 473
    RGruppe member 445

i have a 1971 T coupe, made in oct 1970.
    my front belts have 70 stamped in the metal tongues.
    my rear belts:
    passenger rear has 1971 cloth tag. on the receiver section.
    the driver-side is a 1969 in the metal tongue and 1970 on the white cloth. (on the same belt)
    there is a guy on this site that sells new white cloth, any year. i think his name is stretch. in UK.

Current long term ownership: 63 Cab, 71 911, 74 914

That would be me Scott. See here or i will have some at the LA lit show if you attend. http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...abel-1968-1973

Dave