Thread: Albert blue S latest Pano

Albert blue S latest Pano

Did anyone catch this article? It serves as a reminder to get a PPI! The buyer is familiar with the Early S Registry but must have missed the Due Diligence thread. Herr Miller our web meister is also mentioned in a humorous exchange.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

I'm kinda leaning to a clutch disengagement/adjustment problem,, not gear box as he kept saying
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Ed I think you are right on the money because the Italian mechanic sort of improved it with no R&R. Maybe driving style,901 box etc. Dunno.
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

He flew to Europe and test drove the car before purchase. He was looking for a specific color for a specific model at a very attractive price. PPI or not he was a buyer.
    -Jim

'72 911T
    '02 B5 S4 (RS4 Clone)
    '12 997.2 Turbo Manual
    '19 B9 RS5 (Daily)

Banned
    Since I have no use for the silliness that defines PCA perhaps you boys can offer the Reader's Digest version?

Reading between the lines if all the buyer is facing is a $5k trans rebuild who cares? Albert Blue S coupes don't grow on trees.

I tell my customers "No matter how good a car you think you bought plan on spending at least $10k on it just to get the basics sorted." To think otherwise will lead to extreme disappointment.

I don't even think it needed the trans rebuild, clashing into reverse is NOT a synchro problem. Maybe at best a clutch cable adjustment, or at worst, clutch cable replacement.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Since I have no use for the silliness that defines PCA perhaps you boys can offer the Reader's Digest version?

Reading between the lines if all the buyer is facing is a $5k trans rebuild who cares? Albert Blue S coupes don't grow on trees.

I tell my customers "No matter how good a car you think you bought plan on spending at least $10k on it just to get the basics sorted." To think otherwise will lead to extreme disappointment.
    Great and realistic advice.
    1969 911S Targa
    1970 911S Coupe
    1973 911T w 3.2
    1972 Alfa GTV 2000

when I first got my 911S, I had grinding of first gear and it was a simple adjustment of the linkage behind the front seat through the tunnel cover. Never had a problem since. Chris
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

It is a very well written, entertaining article that will pull at the heart strings of any early 911 enthusiast.

I believe this is the subject car:
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-Blue-in-Italy
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Yup that is the car. Giovanni helped me with the history on my car. Good guy. I guess the test drive was 30 yards!
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower