Thread: Paint protection film ; Xpel, 3M, Protex,...

Paint protection film ; Xpel, 3M, Protex,...

Hi,
    I didn't found much feedback in the archive on the subject... Any recent story on paint protection film ? Like Xpel, 3M Scotchguard, Protex (Xpel in Canada), etc.

It looks like the products improved significantly over the recent years. My car is out of the paint shop and it's the right timing before the reassembly.

I got prices at 4-5000$ CDN for a complete wrap...

Let me know if you have any experience/pricing !

Regards
    JD
    1970S Coupe, Blood orange #1436
    1965 Coupe, Dolphin gray #1506

R Gruppe #647 ; S Registry #1666

If you're considering a wrap, why did you bother with a paint job when all you needed was a smooth surface?

Quote Originally Posted by ejboyd5 View Post
    If you're considering a wrap, why did you bother with a paint job when all you needed was a smooth surface?
    ^^Clear bra is different from a "wrap"
    And to answer the OP's question, I would recommend Suntek
    I've had at least a dozen cars (mostly 911's but also a few DD sedans and Mrs. SUV's) done, wouldn't own a car without clear bra
    Entire panels (i.e. hood, bumper) are done in one piece now so no seams to show
    My guy has used them all, from Stongard to Expel to Suntek, and only uses & recommends Suntek now. Very clear, self healing etc

+1 for Suntek...the latest of my fleet I used it on is a 2017 Turbo (full front) and it is absolutely invisible...big credit to both the quality of the film AND the installer. You have already received one response (and you'll get more) from people who don't see the need...each to his own...some seemingly like the warrior look of stone chips, and others (like me) prefer the protection. It is ONLY your opinion that matters.