Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Introducing my ‘73 T

Quote Originally Posted by plasgar View Post
    The way it was first shown to me.
    I gotta go to that"Honky Tonk" bar.

Out of curiosity, just what was it that grabbed you, from the way it was first shown to you?

Good on you and I do like the fact that it no longer will be without shelter.

Mark

Mark-

First I was intrigued by the fact that it was a pre impact bumper car, second I was really curious about the history of it since it had an Air Force Base pass sticker on the windshield. Not in the badge pictures was the 911S badge and the fact that the engine shroud was repainted in S colors.
    Early S Registry Member #3658
    1983 911 SC (sold)
    1973 911T (field find project/ sold)
    1985 911 (driver)

Gearby-
    I haven't attempted to put a wrench to it yet, just coating it with PB Blaster, as recommended by my local Porsche shop. Yes I am expecting a very steep learning curve.
    1983 911 SC (sold)
    1985 911 (driver)

Its home for for the last 20+ Year’s! Probably not what Dr Porsche would have imagined!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1983 911 SC (sold)
    1985 911 (driver)

I think that the story, the pictures and what your now doing is fantastic.

Looks like a couple of others parked up for a couple of 'brew's' 20 odd years ago and forgot where they parked their cars,

Keep us posted

Mark

Whoa! I'm four years and $$$$$$$$ into restoration of a car that was in much better shape than that one (at least it was running!). I suggest you step back and figure out what you are dealing with versus what you want before you go much farther. It's been an education, but knowing what I know now, I probably would have made different decisions.

I actually applaud you for taking on a project of the sorts. I have seen cars in worse shape be brought back to life. You might look into a 50% mixture of ATF and acetone as a penetrating lubricant. I have not personally tried it yet but I know others who have and they claim that it works better than PB Blaster or liquid wrench. Not putting a wrench to it immediately is a wise move. Take your time and be gentle.
    If it were me, I would probably fill the engine up with it, seal it up as best I can and let it sit for a week. This is of course after draining all the water out of it first which I'm sure you've already done.
    Last edited by Gearby; 02-26-2018 at 08:49 AM.

I don’t see a lot of tan interior in there.
    After you have spent a fortune on body restoration be prepared for a big spend and a long wait for a complete tan interior. They are almost impossible to find. You might get lucky and find the black is just a dye or the tan vinyl has been covered by the black.

I wish you all the best with it. Aubergine/tan is a beautiful combination.

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Although its a long way off try and resist changing out those cookie cutter wheels.

Good Luck
    Joe Annicelli
    Early 911S Registry #751
    Polo Red/Black 1967 Porsche 911S Coupe "Walter"
    Black/Red 1967 Alfa GTJr. Coupe "Nero"
    Italian Red 1994 Ducati 900SS/SP looks fast standing still
    Italian Red 1957 Gilera 150 Sport

Ahhhh the sixties... I envision myself one early Saturday morning wearing plaid shorts, black shoes with white socks smoking a cigarette heading to the hardware store to buy a bag of nails.
    SWB cars are an acquired taste however once acquired theirs no turning back.

The PO said right after they bought the car in 88 they had the interior completely redone for almost what they paid for the car. So there is no apparent tan remaining, although there are signs the seat coverings might be on top of the original.
    1983 911 SC (sold)
    1985 911 (driver)