Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post

As far as showing off what you found at swap meets, overall people love to see this stuff, since most people weren't there. It's like posting finds on Instagram, if you have followers in the double digit thousands, I think it's safe to say people like to see what you find. If someone gets mad about it, well, that's probably just sour grapes, or they are just sour.

---Adam
I understand to some degree promoting a business with social media but we as a culture have become obsessed with self promotion. So much so that it has become normal to boast and brag without even a hint of shame or embarrassment. It is no secret this practice helps validate one's insecurities and shores up their fragile sense of self worth and esteem. I come from a different generation and don't understand it. Again, outside of commerce it has the appearance of narcissism. If people like seeing other people's stuff, I suppose that's cool. But at the end of the day it comes down to why people post their bounty for all to see. In this case I will reserve judgment and assume Michael has the purist of motives.

Am I viewed as a curmudgeon because of this?

Probably. Thanks for the compliment.

But you also won't see me posting thousands of rare and NOS parts as "trophies" online. Unless of course they're for sale.

Carry on.