Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Recent mega score after the Phoenix Club

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
    Nobody does...
    Congratulations, you are now on 7 different government watch lists...

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
    That's the pile it took to pry a 55 Speedster out of the barn.
    That's odd. $100 straps are usually $10,000. Looks like you stole the car from the poor farmer...
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146 View Post
    That's odd. $100 straps are usually $10,000. Looks like you stole the car from the poor farmer...
    Had I bought it the first time I would have gotten a pretty good deal, but it took 7 trips, 14 hours roundtrip (each time) and almost 5 years to get him to sell, and the price went up every time. I didn't believe I had actually bought it until I was several miles from his house.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Hey Adam, is that a real BRM on the front of that speedster?
    Michael Rogers
    Founder Nor Cal Vintage VW & Porsche Treffen and the Nor Cal Vintage VW & Porsche Swap Meet
    1971 911T Targa/gold metallic
    1969 912 Burgundy red
    Rgruppe #833
    https://www.facebook.com/Nor-Cal-Vin...9809110032975/

Great NOS stuff, thanks for sharing. I was in Anaheim and saw a man handling the big Porsche banner, was it You?

No that was Rich or Ed probably. I got my stuff on Sunday after the Phoenix club swap.
    Michael Rogers
    Founder Nor Cal Vintage VW & Porsche Treffen and the Nor Cal Vintage VW & Porsche Swap Meet
    1971 911T Targa/gold metallic
    1969 912 Burgundy red
    Rgruppe #833
    https://www.facebook.com/Nor-Cal-Vin...9809110032975/

Quote Originally Posted by 55Outlaw View Post
    Hey Adam, is that a real BRM on the front of that speedster?
    Yeah Adam, i’ll buy those crappy aftermarket wheels off ya.
    Porsche taste on a Volkswagen budget...

[QUOTE=Unobtanium-inc;96687 I didn't believe I had actually bought it until I was several miles from his house.[/QUOTE]

Thats purchasing.
    Well done.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by jos.hall View Post
    Yeah Adam, i’ll buy those crappy aftermarket wheels off ya.
    Sadly, they left on the car, the new owner was also excited about the BRM's.

---Adam
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

I'm starting to think that every pre-56 owner had a barn and at some point they pushed the car in and went to go milk the cows for the next 30 years. Sounds like a movie script (I will sell the rights to that idea right now for one of those barn cars)