Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hand formed aluminum licence panel

Hand formed aluminum licence panel

I'm not sure where to post this so if I broke a rule let me know.
    We are getting close to producing what was a longhood aftermarket fiberglass licence panel in 16 gauge aluminum. It will attach to your stock flat panel or an aftermarket aluminum one. The panel is formed to a correct steel panel. We've purchased a couple flat aluminum licence panels and they need a little work to fit properly but they are very light. The 2 bottom pictures are of a prototype. We've since added the wings that go under the bumperettes. It will be a couple weeks before we have more information beyond these pictures. Hopefully we'll have pictures of one mounted with a decklid on both a SWB and LWB car next week.
    Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by Chris Pomares; 03-16-2018 at 07:15 PM.
    1959 Auratium Green 356A Super w/ Rudge wheels
    1970 Irish Green 914-6 w/2.2S
    Current -1967 Bahama Yellow 912 POLO 2cam4 #1
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    Personalized Vintage Porsche's and parts
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche

Neat development. When you decide upon a selling price, list it in the 911 parts for sale section.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Thanks Peter.
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    Neat development. When you decide upon a selling price, list it in the 911 parts for sale section.
    wahooo.... i remember the days when 912 glove box doors got moved to the other parts section...awsome how things change.no offense intended just wondering

lets see how long my post will last before it gets ivory towerized..

nice part and built BTW

Moito,
    Thanks!
    To work on a 64 car is special. I've done a little work on 2 of them and I mean only a little. I've done some work at Dave DiMaria's Vintage Car Works off and on to help out. He let's me use his media blaster to clean parts as my little shop is too full to fit one in. Jon The Metal Surgeon is about a 1/2 block away. As is Blast tech, Steven Rowe, and Trevor's. It seems I'm on that street for something every week. In the other direction I was with Tom Conway at Carquip on Friday for rear decklid hinges for fitting a decklid to this car to get the licence panel dialed in. Denver is not LA, but for it's size their's some very good Porsche talent there. That is good because I'm spinning a lot of plates at the moment.
    Chris
    www.reSeeWorks.com

Quote Originally Posted by cmpski View Post
    I'm spinning a lot of plates at the moment.
    Chris
    Its only Ali,
    Finish this and get a price out

And I aint knockin you in any way shape or rolled form Chris.

Mark

Mark,
    Thanks.
    As Jon has other cars to work on and not just my project, I can only get so much of his time.
    Chris
    www.reSeeWorks.com

I like the direction that this is headed.

Here is our car atop Independence pass above Aspen with the fiberglass part. The PO had cut out a spot for their stinger they used at auto crosses. This will at least give you an idea what we're trying to accomplish. The aluminum piece will be nicer.
    Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    www.reSeeWorks.com

Quote Originally Posted by cmpski View Post
    Mark,
    Thanks.
    As Jon has other cars to work on and not just my project, I can only get so much of his time.
    Chris
    You cannot rush one's own work.

No rush.

Mark