Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: this car ...wow......early e type coupes

Owned a very nice 68 Roadster. Great car, dead reliable, easy to drift on those skinny Dunlops, nicely balanced, sweet sounding six, stunning and timeless appearance and one of the all time greats. Every bit the icon as my early 911s.
    67 911 , 69 911S, Ford V Ferrari 906LH, 85 Carrera...and-gasp! a bunch of Corvettes, Musclecars and Italian crap(330GTC,GTA/M,308GTB)

EarlyS # 603, GroupV #2

Russ

2002Ti....that car could convince most all of us......lol

So funny. I can't speak to the sensation it was in its day, but the E-Type is one of those cars where I understand why I am supposed to be in love with it but am not. I think it's the high ride height and ultra-narrow track that ruin the car for me. The photo above plays to the E's strengths, however. The car looks amazing in that lighting, angle, setting, etc.

With all that said, E-Type Lightweights slay me every time I see one...much as a sports-purposes 911 usually does.

Many years ago, I drove a V12 coupe 2+2 and expected to hate it, as it was my least favorite E-Type. Turned out to have really nice steering and an insanely good shifter. In fact, it drove really, really nicely (at least at the pace I tried it at). Made me want to try a six.

Stout......I agree .....................totally.

re the 2 + 2.....it just looks a bit awkward to me at several angles..........like a z3 coupe, which I own and love..lol

but a lightwt?........pure love

Thumbs up

With all that said, E-Type Lightweights slay me every time I see one...much as a sports-purposes 911 usually does.
    Me as well Pete....

I think Lightweight #6, the Peter Lumsdem/Peter Sergent famous 49 FXN was the best of'm...
    It lived 2 miles from me in the San Fernando Valley for about 20 years..... then was sold and went back to the continent about 20 years ago where it has been vintage raced ever since...

The last two pics are in the day out of the Tony Gardiner book 'Motor Racing at Goodwood in the Sixties'.....

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

CM........

I would bet Pete meant this type ltw e type... but the aero coupe you pic'd is quite amazing as well......

and of course I could b wrong...lol

'67 E Type Coupe

This needs to be seen in person. It's almost done.
    http://www.gassmanautomotive.com/res...67-jaguar-xke/
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

this needs to be seen in person. It's almost done.
    Wow !!!!!!
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

what a sexy nasty sleek beast...