Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Electrical adventure

More discussion of F-type crimper

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ghlight=knipex
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Waytek for vinyl sheathing. 100 ft minimum. US sizing.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy2 View Post
    Waytek for vinyl sheathing. 100 ft minimum. US sizing.
    Thank you for the info!

Sorry for the long time between posts but yard work has been kicking my behind. But the next video is up. Not much actual video but I do give an update. And review the differences between a Karmann and Stuttgart/Zuffenhausen wiring harness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=7MidnapVnbs

Nice Vic Rola cameo at 0:34!
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Quote Originally Posted by 304065 View Post
    Nice Vic Rola cameo at 0:34!
    Yes. That's a local car. That was at a Cars and Coffee about a year ago.

So folks. Sorry for the delay on updates for the harness. It's been a wild summer from both a personel stand point as well as a professional one. But back to it.

Here's the latest video. I should hopefully have another one up once I get the next version of my mold prototype back from the maker. And if anyone has questions about the little metal connector I reference please look for it in the for sale section of the site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrkEdmLBpf4

Well. I finally figured it out. It's been a task but I personally feel that I have made the through body connector just about as close to original as you can. Things I have learned through this process:

The importance of vacuuming an A/B Urethane plastic mixture. And vacuum chambers. I learned a lot. Feel free to ask...

There are a lot of different Urethane plastics with different cure times, viscosity's and other properties out there. A. LOT. OFF. DIFFERENT. ONES.

The different types of syringes out there. Sizes, shapes, some that disassemble (typically used on livestock) and a feature called Luer-Lok which is pretty cool. I also learned that a syringe, when the material you are syringing has a high viscosity, will get air in the mixture no matter how careful you are. Really. Trust me on that one... It will.

I learned what pressurizing a plastic mold will do to air bubbles and the right level of pressure needed to minimize the bubbles. For me it was about 55 PSI. Anything below that helped but didn't cut the mustard. Above 55 made me nervous and my pop off value would kick in at about 60. Yeah, I could have bumped up the valve but have yeah ever seen a blown out compressor bottom? I have.... And my little pressure pot isn't as strong as a compressor tank.

There is a HUGE industry that revolves just around electrical connectors. HUGE. And other stuff that isn't that important. Like the wife shaking her head every time she came to visit me in the workshop. Or the blank look from co-workers when you tell them what you did over the weekend..

I hope you enjoy the video. I enjoyed make the things. Even the many times when I walked away frustrated and was ready to give up I found a little bit of satisfaction when I would sit back down at the bench for another try.

The harness, which sent me on this magical mystery trip, should progress smoothly from here. Timely but smoothly. Stay tuned!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emlu8gXhYKU