Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Code Option 569

Code Option 569

Hello, maybe someone with knowledge in the subject could throw some information of what is this extra code 569. Is it a package of anti-fog as I have seen in various books? Regards!

Looks like front and rear fog lights. See here. (Google is your friend)

https://www.porscheclubgb.com/PCGB/m...s.pdf?ext=.pdf

Bob B

Quote Originally Posted by SIMI BOB View Post
    Looks like front and rear fog lights. See here. (Google is your friend)

https://www.porscheclubgb.com/PCGB/m...s.pdf?ext=.pdf

Bob B
    Thank you, Bob. Porsche France indicated this extra in my father's car as Amortisseurs de pare-chocs AR from there asks me. I have seen several books in which this extra is named as a group of added lights ... Could it fit with the perforations that my 911 has on the front bumper? As you see?

Name:  DSC_0189.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  92.0 KB

Name:  extras 1972.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  124.8 KB

The image comes from someone from the forum!

+

Name:  569 otra pagina.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  97.6 KB

+

Name:  otra mas.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  68.7 KB

+

Name:  the reedbook.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  60.9 KB

+

Name:  moteur.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  43.7 KB
    Last edited by _gonbau; 04-25-2018 at 06:16 AM.

You have to be very careful. Many option codes were recycled, so you have to be very model year specific. I would tend to believe printed matter if it was correct year.

If the option description from France is correct (Amortisseurs de pare-chocs arrière), then the rear collision bar is a close translation. The "Tell us how you want it equipped" page is a 1972 option list, and 569 was not on the 1971 list. So this is consistent with your car.
    Last edited by davep; 04-24-2018 at 04:37 PM.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Quote Originally Posted by _gonbau View Post
    Thank you, Bob. Porsche France indicated this extra in my father's car as Amortisseurs de pare-chocs AR from there asks me. I have seen several books in which this extra is named as a group of added lights ... Could it fit with the perforations that my 911 has on the front bumper? As you see?

Name:  DSC_0189.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  92.0 KB
    the three holes in your bumper, if that is what you are asking about, they look like what a guy would do in his garage to hold his bumper up that was sagging. he would just drill holes and put a few screws in. I have seen it often. it was a cheap effective fix, but not factory.

Current long term ownership: 63 Cab, 71 911, 74 914

Quote Originally Posted by Scott A View Post
    the three holes in your bumper, if that is what you are asking about, they look like what a guy would do in his garage to hold his bumper up that was sagging. he would just drill holes and put a few screws in. I have seen it often. it was a cheap effective fix, but not factory.

Thank you very much for that information, many will know those details due to the intensive use of their cars! These are details that are learned by word of mouth or simply by logic, something that I have not applied in this matter because as you say is an economic and fast method to solve a problem. I will try to see where these screws you are commenting would go.

+

I have checked what Scott A has told me. And he is absolutely right! Thanks to this I have also realized that the deformation in the front corner may be due to the metal arm that supports the bumper that at some point hit in this place breaking (according to what I think the defense and the arm) with its consequent repair!

Name:  battttttttttt.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  64.1 KB
    Last edited by _gonbau; 04-25-2018 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    You have to be very careful. Many option codes were recycled, so you have to be very model year specific. I would tend to believe printed matter if it was correct year.

If the option description from France is correct (Amortisseurs de pare-chocs arrière), then the rear collision bar is a close translation. The "Tell us how you want it equipped" page is a 1972 option list, and 569 was not on the 1971 list. So this is consistent with your car.

I am also to believe in the printed! I have to look where I got the image since I have it annotated as "1972 options" I think it was from someone in the forum! But in that same image I do not see the option code of my gas tank which "comes from the factory". I take the opportunity to ask. The numbers that are skipped in the options codes .... What do they owe?

Agree, 569 in 1972 its listed as Collision Bar, rear. (document in post 4 is mine)
    In 1970 and 1971 its not listed, but beleive its the same.
    1969 and earller had four digit codes, so they are out.

The french translation is not accurate btw, they do not know its the rear bar, an accessories.
    Aamco sold it as an aftermarket, but the factory did too, slightly different.
    Seen below, this one is Aamco.
    Name:  30106ACD-5998-499D-AAFA-FF1B5B64B639.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  36.7 KB
    Last edited by 911T1971; 04-26-2018 at 12:36 PM.
    Registry member No.773

Quote Originally Posted by 911T1971 View Post
    Agree, 569 in 1972 its listed as Collision Bar, rear. (document in post 4 is mine)
    In 1970 and 1971 its not listed, but beleive its the same.
    1969 and earller had four digit codes, so they are out.

The french translation is not accurate btw, they do not know its the rear bar, an accessories.
    Aamco sold it as an aftermarket, but the factory did too, slightly different.
    Seen below, this one is Aamco.
    Name:  30106ACD-5998-499D-AAFA-FF1B5B64B639.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  36.7 KB

Thank you very much for your answer! Clarified the issue of 569 I still need to ask Porsche Spain because in its "COA" this option is not expressed! I leave a picture of my back bar. They told me that it is part of a "kit" in which you could also put some bars on the roof to put some "skys" etc ..

Name:  barra.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  35.1 KB