Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Code Option 569

Quote Originally Posted by 911T1971 View Post
    Yes, i have all brochure in physicial and much much more. We are planning a book for references but it takes a while to finish. Yes, many brochures reused older pictures and photoshopped/hand retouched pics, the 72 cover is such an example.
    They draw the oil flap by hand to a 71 model, reason why only the written content in brochures confirms facts.

Wow .... that I did not expect! Thank you for that level of information again ... It would never have crossed your mind that you would have done it "by hand"

I think I roll to one side and I open my eyes wide to learn! Certainly so much knowledge in you makes me seem extremely small in this world! If the book goes ahead, I'll be there to buy it. The only question I have of what you are illustrating is about the "discarded" Rs. Have there been "other" discarded modifications? Excuse me if I derive the subject a bit. I can leave it aside.
    P.S. It would be interesting to change the title of the post by m569 1972.!
    Again, thank you very much for all that you are teaching here!

Hi Baudett,

Karim certainly has an impressive literature collection...

Not sure what you mean by " discarded RS" "other discarded modifications" but the whole RS homolgation special edition model essentially arose out of the ashes of an aborted "interesting 914 project" once the decisions had been made to go for it to meet FIA CSI homologation timescales.

The RS model was launched in early part of October 72 -- somewhat out of step being a little later the typical timing of Porsche annual production model changes. Pace of rapid change and evolution of design details is quite evident in the literature around that late calendar 72 timing. In addition to the brochure above with that 2.7S, other small examples are: the loose one page leaflet insert to the RS sales brochure informing side late change to negative image carrera side decals; the kundendienst-information showing it with an S front spoiler rather than the final RS front spoiler (in all except French markets); that same document also showing chassis numbers 9113601001 -5000 designated as SC Coupé as compared to the RS coupé 911360001-1000; arguably the separate blue RS model supplement rather than RS being extra content in the ROW drivers handbook; sticker on the service record to ad the correct model lineup for the earliest RS, also the 73 retail price list in the British market had to be hastily reprinted just one month after the new 73 model year one had been issued by importer without the RS model even being mentioned.

Were the UK importers unaware and surprised by a fast paced secret homologation project or if aware just keeping it under wraps until launch despite the waste of redundant pricelist? Ferry Porsche was after all a member of the British importers management Board.

This 2.7S being featured in this luxury model year brochure in NA before it was decided that 73 RS not to be sold there.

Literature details ...Kind of like footprints of the evolving thinking during calendar 72 in the relevant documentation.

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 04-30-2018 at 08:35 AM.

Registry member No.773

Name:  IMG_1102-4.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  89.9 KBAttachment 457212Attachment 457211Attachment 457210In reference to post #18 the single bar is also shown in the factory 1969 Porsche accessories brochure and is listed as option #9306 without the black rubbersAttachment 457209

option code 569 from 1971 was (kit M429 and M571)

in 1972 the 569 became the nerfbar! But, what have extra number does the kit 429 + 571? I try to see these extras in the original 72 list and I don't see them.

I have another question regarding these two documents. Both documents are porsche originals and indicate the 1972 extras, correct? Why in one of the brochures does not appear the 571 and in another it does? specifications of each country?Name:  5AC23565-791F-452D-BF6D-A30B33A5A930.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  78.6 KBName:  extras 1972.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  124.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by _gonbau View Post
    [COLOR=#202124][FONT=arial]I have another question regarding these two documents. Both documents are porsche originals and indicate the 1972 extras, correct? Why in one of the brochures does not appear the 571 and in another it does? specifications of each country?
    How about some information on the documents you show?? When researching and asking questions, the reader needs a frame of reference.

US vs non-US options? I don't believe the rear fog light was available for US delivery (DOT)
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Ok, so there is something that I do not understand. I thought that the frame of reference was the same post and the question would be understood so I go to it. The documents that I have shown belonging to this same post. Do they belong to the American market? I understand this from what you say. But ... then, what number was the rear light kit for the German market? Is there a document where the kits are named? I remember some

+
    I would also like to ask regarding the delivery in Hahn 115. Appointed in other posts. Did I understand that being "so close" to the factory did not appear in the delivery brochures?

+

if 569 was not available in 1971 ... When was this code used for the light kit? Before 71 or after 72?
    +
    stupid question! One of the documents is obviously German!

+
    Is there a known vehicle that has equipped the 569 fog light kit? Or that extra number didn't even really exist?

+
    429 was also not allowed in the US in 1972?
    m566?

+
    what year were M429 fog lights?

Last edited by _gonbau; 05-25-2021 at 07:43 AM.