Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 years waiting - 911L 1968

kardex

Xavier,

what is written in the kardex...?.
    I have seen also steelies in later cars, changed from
    fuchs in the purchase docs to get a discount in negociation with the dealer.

Radio not necessary an installment as maybe the destination/end buyer was not existing, thus the deale ordered just the „prepared to connect“ version to sell his „own“.

br

haul
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    Haul, there is no mention of any wheels option in the kardex.

Quote Originally Posted by haul View Post
    Xavier,

what is written in the kardex...?.
    I have seen also steelies in later cars, changed from
    fuchs in the purchase docs to get a discount in negociation with the dealer.

Radio not necessary an installment as maybe the destination/end buyer was not existing, thus the deale ordered just the „prepared to connect“ version to sell his „own“.

br

haul
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Xavier,
    forged Fuchs were standard equipment for the L.....
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    59 750 pre unit triton
    erwin_loves_polo

Thank you Haul. Very helpful.

But it states page 25, optional equipment, the light alloy forges wheels are std equipment for the L, are not they Fuchs ?

Cheers
    Say hello to your sweet family.
    Last edited by Xavier PJB; 05-07-2018 at 11:47 PM.
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Xavier, the forged aluminium wheels are the Fuchs...

merci et cordialement de la famille
    59 750 pre unit triton
    erwin_loves_polo

If you notice there is no bright trim under the garnish rail on top of the door inside like the 67 911S has in the above picture on the factory broshire. I have seen other 911L's with basket weave interior that do have the bright trim, but now I am a little confused as maybe elephant hide interiors like the one above maybe do not have the trim? Anybody? Chris PS--maybe the difference is the USA cars and the ROW cars.
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

Quote Originally Posted by raspy2point2 View Post
    If you notice there is no bright trim under the garnish rail on top of the door inside like the 67 911S has in the above picture on the factory brochure. I have seen other 911L's with basket weave interior that do have the bright trim, but now I am a little confused as maybe elephant hide interiors like the one above maybe do not have the trim? Anybody? Chris PS--maybe the difference is the USA cars and the ROW cars.
    Mine is basket weave and has the bright trim, this is a USA 911L 1968 (original is Bahama Yellow) with ivory/black jauges.
    I've seen another USA 911L (burgundy), with elephant hide and no bright trim with ivory/black jauges too.

Do not know if it helps.
    Last edited by Xavier PJB; 05-08-2020 at 01:38 AM.
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

The Trim was standard on the S and L versions.
    unfortunately brochure copy only in blk/wht and german

EXTERIOR
    Exterior mirror left side (only in Germany, otherwise special request) - Type plate and Porsche lettering on bonnet silver (for 912 and 911T), gold (for 911L and 911S) synthetic resin paint in 9 standard colors - Moldings on the bumpers and underneath the doors - wheel hubs stainless Steel.

Additionally on the models 911 L / 911S
    Fascia panel in imitation leather - Moldings under hinged window and door strips inside - Footboard molding - Velor carpet in the footwell, color matched to leatherette - Hand throttle - 5-speed transmission - Stabilizer front, rear stabilizer bar (**) - Halogen fog lights (**) - Oil level indicator ( **) - Oil pressure gauge (**) - Petrol electric auxiliary and auxiliary heater with separate blower (**) - 4-spoke leather steering wheel (**) - Koni dampers (*) (**) - Forged alloy wheels 5/2 Jx 15 ( **) - Reinforced molded rubber strips to protect the bumpers and bumper horns - Trim panel below the doors.

br
    haul
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by haul; 05-11-2018 at 01:27 AM.
    59 750 pre unit triton
    erwin_loves_polo

"Contre mauvaise fortune bon coeur"

While on the road back from the Wagen Fest, my engine started to fail, loss of power, smoke, big smoke, noise and big noise..... stopped.
    Dead.
    Few weeks ago, a known mecanic here called me and he was telling me he has a fresh 1968 2.0 S full rebuilt. I bought it straight, and now great opportunity to get it install into the L - which will be far better than the one still in my L (2.4T)
    Will be ready for Le Mans Classic. Cannot wait.

Cheers
    X
    Name:  IMG_1622.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  89.0 KB
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Xavier

Sorry to hear about your engine misfortune..... I have a 2.0L spec S engine in my L you will not be disappointed with it!!!

Mark