Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you chopped off the T, E, or S on your decklid badge so that it just says "911"?

Have you chopped off the T, E, or S on your decklid badge so that it just says "911"?

I searched for this one and couldn't find it, so I will ask:

Has anyone chopped off the T, E, or S on their decklid badge so that it just says "911"?

Here is a shot of my current decklid that has been photoshopped to approximate what I want to do:

Issues that I see are pretty obvious --

a) Can these badges even be cut with a dremel or similar? What material are they?
    b) If you put what is left (the numbers "911") back in place with only one speednut, it won't be centered. If you try to drill a new hole to center it, you may still have another hole visible.
    c) Connecting with only one speednut, it may not hold on too well.

I am prepared to jury-rig a solution that would involve putting a new bolt on the back of the three numbers "911" so I can use two speednuts. Then I would center it and drill new holes. Finally, I would fill the old holes and paint accordingly. Before I do any of this, I decided to see if anyone has already invented the solution to this and would like to share it with me.

By the way, you may ask why I would want to do this? My (new to me) 1970 911T has a 1973 2.4 "E" engine in it and is badged with "911S" currently. Maybe this suited the prior owner of the car, but it really isn't my style.

(And before the R-Gruppe police bust me -- that badge was put on the car by the prior owner who was a member -- it is no longer anywhere near the car!)

Thanks in advance,
    Jim
    Jim

__________________________________________________ ___________
    Early S Registry #2359

1970 Porsche 911 Rally 2.4
    2018 Porsche Macan GTS

You have a 911T no matter what engine is in it.
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Thank you, Mike. I did not know that.
    Jim

Early S Registry #2359

2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Sell or swap the S badge and put a 911T in its place.
    My car has its original T engine rebuilt to 72E spec but I would never alter its badging to 911E or just 911 for that matter.
    She's just a plain old Jane T and I love her
    My 2 C worth
    Mark

The 911T emblem would be perfect, To cut it off or mount with only 1 pin would look jenky
    registry #2072

Oh and to add, the amount of non porsche people who ask if the T stands for TURBO never ceases to amaze and entertain me.
    I always just say "Yip"
    Showed one bloke the motor and he said "check out the size of the turbo" when looking at the fan,,lol.
    Mark

Well, of course you all have not seen the rest of the car and you certainly don't know my vision for it. Naturally, before I asked the question it occurred to me that I could put the 911T badge on there!

I don't mean to offend anyone, but this car is already a hot rod and I intend to make it even more so as time goes on. Doing things "correctly" is not really the goal here. The prior owner hung "S" rocker trim and bumpers on there, put on 7" wheels, mounted factory sports seats, added the side stripe, changed the steering wheel, put Cibie's on the front, and changed the H4 lenses to yellow while changing the surrounds to Euro-style. I don't know how much of this I am keeping, but I do know that in keeping with the hot rodding flavor of this build, the "911" badge on its own is a touch of mine that will please me!

Has anyone ever made the modification that I described in the original post? If so, let me know how it went.

Thanks,
    Jim
    Jim

Early S Registry #2359

2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Thank you 304065 -- much appreciated!
    Jim

Early S Registry #2359

2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Quote Originally Posted by uptheorg View Post
    Well, of course you all have not seen the rest of the car and you certainly don't know my vision for it. Naturally, before I asked the question it occurred to me that I could put the 911T badge on there!

I don't mean to offend anyone, but this car is already a hot rod and I intend to make it even more so as time goes on. Doing things "correctly" is not really the goal here. The prior owner hung "S" rocker trim and bumpers on there, put on 7" wheels, mounted factory sports seats, added the side stripe, changed the steering wheel, put Cibie's on the front, and changed the H4 lenses to yellow while changing the surrounds to Euro-style. I don't know how much of this I am keeping, but I do know that in keeping with the hot rodding flavor of this build, the "911" badge on its own is a touch of mine that will please me!

Has anyone ever made the modification that I described in the original post? If so, let me know how it went.

Thanks,
    Jim
    Ok, now I see where you are heading, carry on! http://www.sierramadrecollection.com...75-p18253.html
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!