Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you chopped off the T, E, or S on your decklid badge so that it just says "911"?

Thanks, Mike!
    Jim

__________________________________________________ ___________
    Early S Registry #2359

1970 Porsche 911 Rally 2.4
    2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    OR you could just shop the 2 tiny horizontal bars on each side of the T, which would look like 911I, new type like Interstellar, Intermediate, IN, Incredible etc.
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Quote Originally Posted by uptheorg View Post
    Well, of course you all have not seen the rest of the car and you certainly don't know my vision for it. Naturally, before I asked the question it occurred to me that I could put the 911T badge on there!

I don't mean to offend anyone, but this car is already a hot rod and I intend to make it even more so as time goes on. Doing things "correctly" is not really the goal here. The prior owner hung "S" rocker trim and bumpers on there, put on 7" wheels, mounted factory sports seats, added the side stripe, changed the steering wheel, put Cibie's on the front, and changed the H4 lenses to yellow while changing the surrounds to Euro-style. I don't know how much of this I am keeping, but I do know that in keeping with the hot rodding flavor of this build, the "911" badge on its own is a touch of mine that will please me!

Has anyone ever made the modification that I described in the original post? If so, let me know how it went.

Thanks,
    Jim
    So you have a "hot rod" 911T!

What's the issue with that? Are you ashamed to be seen driving a lowly 911T? Does driving the "entry level" 911 reflect on your credibility, legitimacy as an enthusiast...your manhood??!!

We all know a Miata can outrun a stock '69 2.0 911T......However...

My lowly '69 911T won the overall points competition with it's original owners at the '73 Monterey Porsche Parade, and after I purchased it from them I made a few mechanical modifications not visible to the naked eye....bigger torsion bars, alloy calipers, short gears (AFJQV), and the engine is now 2.7 producing 220 dyno verified hp at 6800 rpm....visually it's a stock, correct '69 911T, save a steel S front spoiler bumper.

My '69 911T won the 2011 R Gruppe GT Award, and it wears it's original 911T emblem proudly.

Sleepers can be more fun than flair'n chair'd look at me wannabe's

Just say'n
    Mark Smedley
    '59 VW Typ I
    '69 911T 2.7
    '86 930
    '04 GT3
    '16 Boxster GTS
    '08 MBZ AMG CLK 63 Black Series

I understand your point, put it is still a T. My car has 7s all around, R seats, came with S trim rockers, it has a VDM 380 wheel, and it has a 2.7 liter engine (with 2.7 badge on the engine lid...came like that). However, I would never change the designation
    Name:  M8NKXGv.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  104.9 KBName:  IMG_0248.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  80.6 KBName:  Daisy interior.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  108.2 KB

Be a proud T owner...that are great cars.
    Serge

City of Ben Franklin and Cheesesteaks
    Instagram: Truevisionmediaworks

Early S Registry #2457
    Daisy: 1972 T with 2.7 engine and Webers
    LOOKING FOR 911 Engine # 6123044

Rowlf: 2017 Volvo S60 with Polestar Optimization

Mostro di Biscotti: 1975 Lancia Fulvia 1.3S Series 2

Veronica: 1987 Carrera coupe - curves in all the right places...SOLD
    Lil' Blue: 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon SOLD

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    And I love it !
    T like Terrible !

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica87911 View Post
    I understand your point, put it is still a T. My car has 7s all around, R seats, came with S trim rockers, it has a VDM 380 wheel, and it has a 2.7 liter engine (with 2.7 badge on the engine lid...came like that). However, I would never change the designation
    Name:  M8NKXGv.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  104.9 KBName:  IMG_0248.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  80.6 KBName:  Daisy interior.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  108.2 KB

Be a proud T owner...that are great cars.
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Maybe? Vinyl can always be removed

Name:  IMG_20180425_162355.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  44.0 KB

You could always just eliminate any 911 emblem from the engine lid, consistent with hot rod tradition of cleaning the hood and trunk surfaces of emblems. Years ago I removed the 911S and PORSCHE emblems from the lid of my car. It had nothing to do with hiding the designation, but more about cleaning up the surfaces of the car. Like removing rocker trim etc. I'm considering doing this very thing to a new purchase.

Or just buy a deck emblem from a '74 911...just a thought...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

911T and 2,7 ----hmhm

Perhaps TLTR, but there are a lot of opinions expressed here: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...-fellas-9.html
    I'm not about to do it, but a 356D badge on a 912 is an interesting idea.