Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Any vintage VWs fans here ?

I picked up this one-family black-plate Vallejo CA car last month. Original paint, interior...even the window sticker and manuals.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Quote Originally Posted by eaton View Post
    I bought this '63 Ghia today. Been hibernating in a Montana garage since moving from California in the '90s. One family. Can't wait to get it cleaned up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornpanzer View Post
    I picked up this one-family black-plate Vallejo CA car last month. Original paint, interior...even the window sticker and manuals.
    Both beautiful cars, gents. Painted dash 6 volt stuff rocks! Congrats!

Pretty cars... Volkswagen's color palette was quite sophisticated compared to other manufacturers of the day. The Ghia looks like it might be Strato Blue. David, is your '62 Beetle Pacific or Turquoise?

Congrats to you both on the quality garage additions. They're fun to drive, too!
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornpanzer View Post
    Sweet!!

Resembles Auto Kennel car a few months ago.

I like the buses. My 1970 walkthrough deluxe.
    Harry

Member #789
    1970 VW Sunroof Kombi Bus - "The Magic Bus"
    1973.5 911T Targa for fun - "Smokey"
    2009 MB C300

Russ, it’s Turkis Green. Thanks
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    Pretty cars... Volkswagen's color palette was quite sophisticated compared to other manufacturers of the day. The Ghia looks like it might be Strato Blue. David, is your '62 Beetle Pacific or Turquoise?

Congrats to you both on the quality garage additions. They're fun to drive, too!
    Thanks guys. I'm not sure about the color of the Ghia. I'm thinking maybe Pacific Blue? It's very well preserved. The owner had the seats covered and carpet remnants covering the carpets.
    ghia 1.jpg
    '66 912 with a 2.2
    '62 Lotus Seven S2
    '66 Lotus Elan
    '63 Karmann Ghia convertible
    '76 Alfa Spider

Well I'll share my recent purchase. Although the deal was done a couple months ago I've only had it out here in California for a month now. I haven't done anything to it yet but put it in the garage. It's going to need a full restoration but it's a very rare L41 (Schwartz) '67 Vert. By the looks of it, it's been in a front end collision at some point, a door replaced at some point in it's early life and the PO backed a trailer into the rear fender more recently.

925787 Beetles made in '67
    7597 Convertibles
    and maybe 5-10 known original L41 verts. I know of 4 in my research but there are none in the '67 registry.

Porsche taste on a Volkswagen budget...

Finally got my Lowlight from the USA, hopefully have it looking a bit happier soon.

Quote Originally Posted by eaton View Post
    Thanks guys. I'm not sure about the color of the Ghia. I'm thinking maybe Pacific Blue? It's very well preserved. The owner had the seats covered and carpet remnants covering the carpets.
    L532 Polar Blue, maybe?