Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Any vintage VWs fans here ?

Any vintage VW fans here ?

Hello all, just finished a very fun project 1953 VW split window ragtop Zwitter done by Russ Rodriguez of Fibersteel. It has a few 356 bits in it including a Super 90 motor & 356 B brakes.
    More pics on Instagram @joeybau59

Thanks for looking !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JBQuick; 04-29-2018 at 08:06 AM.

very nice.

Thanks Brad ! Glad you like it.

Thumbs up

Very nice split window.....

Had a '67 for over 18 years...... GREAT CAR !!!!!

Cheers,
    cm
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Thanks Chuck ! I like the hotrod louvered decklid, side trim delete & the Mooneyes period decal. Very DKP'ish dont you think?

Thanks Chuck ! I like the hotrod louvered decklid, side trim delete & the Mooneyes period decal. Very DKP'ish dont you think?
    Thanks Joey..... At one time it had a 'rare as hen's teeth' '67 convert deck lid... but that was just one of things that was taken the second time it was stolen...
    But then the louvered lid went on what was left after I got it back.....

... and so it goes
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Hey E ! I missed that Blue oval so much I had to do another one. Waited almost 5 years to find the right car to mod out.
    Glad you like it !

cars cars cars
    Joey!
    That is my favorite VW since the Miles Collier aluminum 4-cam. Your color choice is outstanding, 356 color Fashion Grey comes to mind. Do you still have the Oval with 'my' 356A engine?
    Here's my early stock '60 36hp sunroof in Indian Red. She came from the original owner VW dealer(Midway VW) in Paris,TN in 1985, the owner kept this car from his first delivery of cars because of the color. I moved to CA driving this car from TN to San Diego to Seattle. One time, a guy walking down the street in downtown Memphis saw my license plate and said "MAN are you from ANTIGUA?"2018-04-28 23.24.12.jpg2018-04-28 23.24.42.jpg2018-04-28 23.18.30.jpg
    Porsche Obsessed
    '60 S90 Roadster project
    '87 911 Carrera 68k silver/blk
    '59 Devin D sold
    '60 VW sunroof Indian Red 37 yrs
    '98 M3
    '64 356C coupe black plate slate/red
    '58 T2 Speedster sold

Chuck, yeah that vert' decklid is too much $$$ nowadays. For some reason Im also digging the overrider bumpers on your pic.

Hello Trey, how are you ? I sold the 57 oval about 5 years ago. It had the strong running early 356A motor you sold me. This split window Zwitter has an L90 Sand Beige color. Love your 60 ragtop too Trey ! Cheers !