Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Any vintage VWs fans here ?

Just pulled the trigger on a 3-owner electric sunroof T34... restored 10 years ago, needs a little paint detailing but PPI was very positive. Waiting for Intercity's schedule, will post more pics when it arrives.

LS_365145_2687074.jpg

We'll leave it stock for now, but this will ultimately be the recipient of the POLO4 engine cluttering my lounge area.
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Great stuff. Just added this '56 to the garage. I'd been looking for a sunroof car in a cool color for awhile. Good ones are getting hard to find.

56 beetle.jpg

Banned
    That's lovely John!

It still amazes me at how cheap these are.

Nice T34 Russ.
    Jeanette has one of these too.
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 01-31-2019 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    That's lovely John!

It still amazes me at how cheap these are.
    Couldn't agree more. Tons of fun per $$. I've been driving it all week. Gets a surprising amount of attention.

Congrats Russ, that is a pretty amazing T34 razor ! IS the color Beryl Green ? Wow a Polo motor will make this a terror in the street.

Nice 56 ragtop oval John & that knockout color !

Yes, Beryl green... originally red & black, color was changed by second owner who did the restoration. I understand he's known as "Isetta Dude".

Speaking of color, Inca Red is probably the rarest you could ask for on a mid-50s Beetle, and a ragtop to boot! Nice score, John. You're right, good examples are getting hard to find.

Funny you should mention KJ's T34 Frank, I missed the one he sold a month ago, then this popped up on the Samba. Unless he had two, that car went to the Cip1 VW parts guy.
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Banned
    Please; need more info on Isetta Dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    Speaking of color, Inca Red is probably the rarest you could ask for on a mid-50s Beetle, and a ragtop to boot! Nice score, John. You're right, good examples are getting hard to find.
    Thanks, Russ. Count me jealous of that T34. Great find.

Car turns out to have an interesting history, and was featured in Collectible Automobile in 2016. The 2nd owners appear to have taken a few show prizes with it, which is encouraging. Still waiting for delivery... longest yet for Intercity.

http://blog.consumerguide.com/1963-karmann-ghia/

725732.jpg
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    Here's my dad when he picked up our T34 new in Holland.
    That's awesome.