Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Any vintage VWs fans here ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Awesome story...

I don’t know too many Porsche guys who weren’t weaned on Bugs.
    ...and you filled the fenders with decent rubber! Any idea where your Baja ended up, Frank?
    Frank's Baja.jpg

Time to bump this thread up. My 53 Zwitter making a cameo appearance in the recent Kelly Park VW show.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nothing less than beautiful, and that does not do justice! I thought 911 builds took a long time. That car was not built overnight.

This weekend I picked up this sweetie of a 62. Got it from the daughter of the original owners. Completely unmolested car. Original paint, never been hit...even has original windshield.
    I love that it came with the original black CA plates, all the service and owners manuals and every registration from June 62 to date. Even have the business card of the salesman. Worst issue is that the threads in the seat covers have given up. I hope to be able to re-stitch them with new.

Car was in Vallejo until 2005 and only covered 100 miles here in Ohio. I need a Dalzell- Graham plate frame if anyone sees one. A little elbow grease and she will be amazing
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

I was waiting for you to post in here!
    Porsche taste on a Volkswagen budget...

Beautiful Dave.....
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Thank you Ric for your kind words !

D, will keep my eyes peeled for that plate frame, Bugorama in Sac just around the corner. Love the car, its history & the ashtray too.

The behind dash shot reminded me how simple these cars were.

Wow Dave, that's a true time capsule, did you stumble on it or patiently wait until it was available? Hopefully you can restitch the seats, the rest will detail beautifully. Is that Pacific Blue?

Small update on my recently purchased T34... there's a reason it had sat so long: engine internals are literally junk. Building a fresh pancake isn't expensive, but maybe the car is asking for the Polo4? Hmmmm.

BTW, anyone here have a '58? I've got a nice owner's manual and dealer pamphlet that's free to a good home. Motor Imports, Dayton Ohio.

MiscAuto 003.jpg

MiscAuto 002.jpg
    Last edited by Bullethead; 05-02-2019 at 05:54 PM.
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Cornpanzer View Post
    This weekend I picked up this sweetie of a 62. Got it from the daughter of the original owners. Completely unmolested car. Original paint, never been hit...even has original windshield.
    I love that it came with the original black CA plates, all the service and owners manuals and every registration from June 62 to date. Even have the business card of the salesman. Worst issue is that the threads in the seat covers have given up. I hope to be able to re-stitch them with new.

Car was in Vallejo until 2005 and only covered 100 miles here in Ohio. I need a Dalzell- Graham plate frame if anyone sees one. A little elbow grease and she will be amazing
    So sweet, it will clean up well. And in a cute colour too, is it two other different greens on the rims?
    Light Yellow -74
    @lagteknik