Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Any vintage VWs fans here ?

Thanks for directing me to this site Eric. Restoring my 54 has been a labor of love and I'm super excited to be almost done. Now I wait for sunshine!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beautiful and HARD work.

Merek, Would not the Denmark government consider that "dual port" engine non original ? More power than original.

Beautiful oval Joe ! I love the color combo & the motor posted by Eric. Is that a VintageSpeed Sebring exhuast ?

Yes, it is. They make very nice exhausts...including Porsche.

Quote Originally Posted by 9er View Post
    Keen to see some pictures when its ready to go.
    Well, it didn't go... only finished the engine and fiddly bits recently. We took our 280SL to Ontario and glad we did: top down, fall colors, perfect weather!

Anyway, two issues with this car have taken waaaay more time than they should: fuel pump and sunroof. Have rebuilt the former three times and it finally works... the sunroof is another story.
    Nearly every part on the T34 is unique to the model, and a broken roof carriage is kicking my ass. There are no replacements, and 356 (which can be modified to work) cables are NLA. Anybody have a spare left side available?
    Bought a NOS T3 fastback cable shown in the photo below, as you can see it'sa no good. Of course I stupidly cut the cable to length before noticing that.

20200117_134533.jpg

Runs great and looks nice on it's new boots, though. I do love this car, just wish there were parts sources.

20200205_141621.jpg

Beautiful oval, Joe... that looks tasty.
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

What colour is the T34 Russ?

All the metalwork and bodywork finished on mine (I know it doesn't look that way), I can get the eBay "spray booth" out of my shed and claim some space back.

Windows and headliner and some trim

It's Beryl Green, Chris... is yours 2-tone Beryl and Java? Original combo? Bet that's rare...
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    It's Beryl Green, Chris... is yours 2-tone Beryl and Java? Original combo? Bet that's rare...
    They call it Dark Green over Bamboo Green.