Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: SWB 1968 - Best way to mount a period correct 3 points harness ?

1968 911T Rollbar F.I.A factory sport kit

Hi Xavier...You might already have these pics of the late Barry Williams Super-Cool 1968T F.I.A with factory sport kit ....here they are just in case: rollbar w/o diagonal strut but rearwards "facing down" supports(both sides)...and you can see the roll bar mount bolted behind the driver's seat with the eye-let anchor for the lap-belt/hip strap...(the last pic I might have saved from one of your posts?)...Congratulations to the project.../ Lars...
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314

Quote Originally Posted by 911MRP View Post
    Posted this elsewhere yesterday. The writeup said this is a Pauli Toivenen works car to group 111 for Monte. Geared to 100mph 195bhp from 2.0 on carbs not injection. These pictures were taken in 69 with young Jurgen Barth demonstrating it for road test in a November 69 dated British magazine article. No evidence of roll cage as far as I can see?

Attachment 456460

Nice view of dash for those wanting to replicate the old look.
    Xavier, sorry for hijacking the thread. All in the name of 68 racing research.

Steve,

thank you for posting this period picture of the TR, i had not seen it before. If you have anymore, please post them.

Some observations. The seat is the Scheel 330 racing seat. This was also fitted to Elfords 68 rally car. This seat is super light.

The extinguisher is the chrome topped Gloria unit which was also present in the Elford car. Did the factory use these in all there 68 cars.? Maybe. Pictures and link attached.

Dave.

Name:  IMG_2909.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  83.0 KB
    Name:  Scheel 911 R seat (1).jpg
Views: 700
Size:  67.0 KB

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ghlight=gloria

But the real interesting seat is the passenger seat in the Monte Car.
    I have never even seen another picture except in a Scheel add for Alpina seats (but with different lower boulsters) and the only real seat I've seen is the one I have.
    The GRP Seat in the Car is the earlier type.

Uli,

Are you saying you don't think the Elford seat is the 330 racing version. ?

Dave

No Dave

It is a two page article and those are only photos. You can have the old magazine when I next see you at Fairmile. Not the most in depth roadtest so possibly not a lot of insight but era more of interest to you than I, it appears.

Hi Dave the seat in the Car is older than the Version in the Scheel Brochure. Padding Vinyl, Stitching and GRP Shell are different from the one in the Brochure.
    I suspect it too not no have been called "330" at the time it was built afaik no numbering Scheme was active, but I have not yet any solid proof.
    Cheers
    Uli

M'mm, Stitching looks identical to the R seat. Let's call it that. I agree on the bolster/ padding. I have both versions of this seat, both hand sewn with the same French stitching. Don't think i will ever fit in them though.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by brakekiller View Post
    Stefan, is it standard/factory mounted ?
    Headliner of course not original but you can see the original burgundy inside paint. No "special" accessories listed in the kardex (only radio, chrome-plated wheels, bumper horns with rubber pads, fog lights, wooden steering wheel) => therefore it should be standard/factory mounted!
    Stefan

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx911 US-delivery 130PS MJ68

Name:  20161015_101548.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  61.0 KBName:  20161015_101548.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  61.0 KB

Hi Xavier

I had the same challenge on my 67S, i installed 3 point Britax Harnesses curtisey of "Stretch" (Dave). Dave provided a template from a 68 cars parcel shelf so that i could install mounting plates in the correct location.

Let me know if you need any further pictures info.

Cheers
    Mark

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    Thank Mark,

I need to order the mounting plates, I would be interested by the mounting "template" - have you sourced the plates from Dave ?

Cheers
    X

Quote Originally Posted by Mark111 View Post

Hi Xavier

I had the same challenge on my 67S, i installed 3 point Britax Harnesses curtisey of "Stretch" (Dave). Dave provided a template from a 68 cars parcel shelf so that i could install mounting plates in the correct location.

Let me know if you need any further pictures info.

Cheers
    Mark
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407