Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: SWB 1968 - Best way to mount a period correct 3 points harness ?

My 68 came with the two mounts on the rear parcel shelf, to get a 4 point setup, purchased a second set from a parts car and had them welded in. Looks just like the factory intended.
    Rob Abbott

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    As I opened the thread, I do have the 2 mounts on the rear parcel shelf too - I did not need to weld some as it was by default there at the factory time. They were doing cool stuff.
    Cheers
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Bringing this up to date....
    Am installing the early Britax 3point belts on my 71.
    As you guys know the 71 did not have the rear shelf mounts so will be ordering from ST-Classic , do they all have the eyelets or what type are needed to fit thread.
    Also the photos here show similar mounts just to the outside on the rear seats on the bulkhead area....are these the same type and also welded in place ?
    Would appreciate photos the rear mount and location (template ?) Assume other end of lap belt mounts the the sport seat frame at hole provided ? Is this also an eyelet type
    Thanks or assistance
    Frank
    73.5 Snrf T
    71 Snrf T
    70S targa
    76 914 2.0
    82 Targa,
    85 Alfa GTV6
    60 Lancia Appia Zagato GTE
    Searching for transmission 7115322 (911/01)

Frank,
    the ST mounts on the rear shelf are threaded so you will need an eye bolt if your Britax has the snap hook clip fitting. The other fittings you see are on SWB cars and are similar to the ST mount but are slightly different. This location way behind your torso is a bad place to mount the side fittings. Most weld in captive plates on the transmission tunnel and the inner rocker area. The recommended place is slightly behind the vertical, so roughly in line with your back when seated.
    Picture attached of my ST mounts.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Name:  IMG_2248_zpsb3d77b52.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  49.6 KB

Dave
    Thanks , that’s great solution and exactly what I needed.
    I do have the snap hooks
    Do you have a source for for the weld plates/nut & eyelets?
    Also any specific specs for Items?

Regards
    Frank
    73.5 Snrf T
    71 Snrf T
    70S targa
    76 914 2.0
    82 Targa,
    85 Alfa GTV6

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier PJB View Post
    This one is from a R - seems 2 different setups for the shoulder ones: on the parcel shelf, on the rear seat bucket.
    Attachment 456384
    I have a last 20 numbered Karmann 67 912. It has both the tray and side bolt sockets. The side is setup for the larger 68 bolts.
    1959 Auratium Green 356A Super w/ Rudge wheels
    1970 Irish Green 914-6 w/2.2S
    Current -1967 Bahama Yellow 912 POLO 2cam4 #1
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    Personalized Vintage Porsche's and parts
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche

Stretch/Dave
    Thanks again for vendors, ordered items today!
    73.5 Snrf T
    71 Snrf T
    70S targa
    76 914 2.0
    82 Targa,
    85 Alfa GTV6

Early 911 Roll Bar example

Xavier PJB,

for future searches here is photo from January 1965 showing a factory 911 roll bar, it has a main hoop with support legs going to the rear seat mounting points.

No noticeable shoulder belt for Mr Linge.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Frank,
    the ST mounts on the rear shelf are threaded so you will need an eye bolt if your Britax has the snap hook clip fitting. The other fittings you see are on SWB cars and are similar to the ST mount but are slightly different. This location way behind your torso is a bad place to mount the side fittings. Most weld in captive plates on the transmission tunnel and the inner rocker area. The recommended place is slightly behind the vertical, so roughly in line with your back when seated.
    Picture attached of my ST mounts.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Name:  IMG_2248_zpsb3d77b52.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  49.6 KB
    Does the M8 bolt protude into the tunnel?
    1959 Auratium Green 356A Super w/ Rudge wheels
    1970 Irish Green 914-6 w/2.2S
    Current -1967 Bahama Yellow 912 POLO 2cam4 #1
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    Personalized Vintage Porsche's and parts
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche