Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1973 interior color problem

Quote Originally Posted by levrairoms View Post
    Sure, I would prefer to have a 100% original 911 E(inspritzung) ...
    Me too! That is why it caught my eye to see it placed there in your good / bad summary. As you say there are pros and cons of the different systems.

Presence of original MFI would have been high in my "good" list. For me losing the original mfi would have been significant point in the "bad" list if I'd written it -- assuming I were in market and are choices of 73 cars to buy with and without MFI.

Then just get MFI set up right. The only issue I have had was with the micro switch which caused loud backfires until my friend fixed it in pub carpark.

The 73 E with MFI was well regarded in some usage applications compared to S with its different characteristics in back to back road tests when 73 was brand new. I've enjoyed the 2.4 E examples I've driven on the road.

Your money/your list/ your choice so I hope you enjoy it!!! Certainly not offensive and I tip my hat to second language posters.
    Last edited by 911MRP; 05-17-2018 at 04:36 PM.

I understand your point of vue and... you're right, it shouldn't be in the Good points. I think I'm just trying to convince myself it' a good thing and see the filled part of the glass

i think one of the best sources for interior and carpet is Lakewell in Belgium. (search on web)
    there you can get beige, old beige, tan , and brown carpet, velour. etc. (and many other parts too)
    they will mail you samples

(by the way, I think my brothers 73 interior is called beige (based on the link in this thread)....tho not the same as a 71 beige. very different.
    brown interior is awesome!

Current long term ownership: 63 Cab, 71 911, 74 914

Thanks Smedley,
    do you know where I can find this brown Hargaarn velour?
    We did a brown interior about a year ago, and Tony Garcia at Autobahn Interiors had some.
    Mark Smedley
    '59 VW Typ I
    '69 911T 2.7
    '86 930
    '04 GT3
    '16 Boxster GTS
    '08 MBZ AMG CLK 63 Black Series

-Front seat including peanut shaped headrests and dashboard original.
    -Rear seat, door/side panel and carpet not original.
    -Rockerboard/side door trim missing.
    -If rear wiper not installed anymore, the engine panel was replaced too but a non fonctional knob on dashboard is visible.

Olive was a special color choice.
    You had the (darker) Brown interior No21, and not the lighter Beige one.
    Name:  981B15EB-58BA-4EAF-B5F3-EC4DF874E9B8.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  37.3 KB

Name:  30DE09C0-065E-4679-BDEE-CA67B8434032.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  50.0 KB

Name:  402322DB-417B-4529-91F5-517B89B6EF5D.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  45.7 KB

Name:  058059A2-DE18-43A2-AF95-0CC7CD9BD0F3.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  117.0 KB

Btw, fog lights on 911 were always chromed, however the ones for 914 were black and some mounted them in period.
    Last edited by 911T1971; 05-27-2018 at 12:02 AM.
    Registry member No.773

So I received my BHCC car this week...and it's really great. No rust, really clean, no bad surprises, it has clearly been restored not too long ago but has kept all its original parts including rare ones (like the original fog lights or tinted windshields). Except for minor problems which I have already solved (missing horn, windshield washer unplugged) everything works great, it's really a great car. Even if a new paint would be great for it, the body is very clean (no bumps, just scratches). I am very happy. So I might be one of the rare BHCC lucky ones ?! ;-)
    1973 2.4E Targa
    1974 2.7 Carrera US
    Author : https://www.livre911classic.com

So I received my BHCC car this week...and it's really great. No rust, really clean, no bad surprises, it has clearly been restored not too long ago but has kept all its original parts including rare ones (like the original fog lights or tinted windshields). Except for minor problems which I have already solved (missing horn, windshield washer unplugged) everything works great, it's really a great car. Even if a new paint would be great for it, the body is very clean (no bumps, just scratches). I am very happy. So I might be one of the rare BHCC lucky ones ?! ;-)
    That is really great news!
    Sounds like a car to enjoy.

Current long term ownership: 63 Cab, 71 911, 74 914

Hi, a little update, two months later, on my 1973 2.4E targa from BHCC.
    I have had the chance to find its previous owner on internet (the one who sold it to BHCC), he had plenty of info, and mostly plenty of documents at home on the car starting in 1977!
    He sent me a package with all the document (including all invoices since 1988) and also plenty of original parts like the rear wiper engine, tool set, jack, radio, etc...a really nice guy.

So I went from zero to it's complete story. I'm actually the fifth owner : 73-77(owner unknown) / 77-98 / 98-02 / 02-18 / me

The car was completely rebuilt between 98 and 2002 at a little less than 200 000 miles : Brakes, interior, paint, suspension, new clutch, rebuilt gearbox and the engine was rebuilt by Paul WEIR (I have a full folder about this with all documentation), replacing the injection by weber carbs.
    Since, it has only done 9000 miles mainly between 2002 and 2006 when the car got minor electric problems (lights) so the previous owner couldn't get a certificate and just drove it for pleasure until 2015-2016 where it stopped.

So finally, it was a risky bet to go with BHCC, but a good one for me since the price was quite low.
    I just did minor repairs, did a full engine restart (all liquids and tuning from a professional) and only need now to do some paint and the two front seats to have a near perfect 1973 911 2.4E!

Name:  IMG_6838.JPG
Views: 176
Size:  305.7 KB
    1973 2.4E Targa
    1974 2.7 Carrera US

hi romain, basketwave was NO option in 1973 ;-)

best

Hi Recaro,
    what is basketwave?

edit : ok, found on Google. No, no basketweave on my car.
    1973 2.4E Targa
    1974 2.7 Carrera US